shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Oval Halo Earings

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a good valentines day! I'm currently in a look out for a nice pair of sapphire earings to match with my sapphire ring!

I haven't really seen any nice oval pairs on gemfix either :( Have you seen any nice pair online? If you do, please do let me know!

Thank you!!!

_14903.jpg

sring_1.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Could you please provide some more info, like budget, stone weight/dimentions? Since you're gonna halo them (I think its called a jacket in earrings?) you're probably not looking for something big, I'm guessing. Is heat ok with you?

Ill look later and report back :devil:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
All I can think of to say about your ring, Kathness, is oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Will keep an eye peeled, but the answers to LK's questions would help. Good luck! Have you tried Multicolour?

--- Laurie

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately I didn't find anything decent. I think your best bet is to get them custom cut for you. It will cost more but you'll also get the exact mm size you want.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I was thinking $2000 for the stone and maybe $1500 for the settings? I was thinking $3500 -$4500 max for a nice pair of saphhire oval halo earrings in platinum.
Thanks for looking Lovekites!

Thanks pregcurious - i definitely wanted a sapphire

:love:

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I was thinking $2000 for the stone and maybe $1500 for the settings? I was thinking $3500 -$4500 max for a nice pair of saphhire oval halo earrings in platinum.
Thanks for looking Lovekites!

Thanks pregcurious - i definitely wanted a sapphire

:love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1392383919|3615148 said:
Could you please provide some more info, like budget, stone weight/dimentions? Since you're gonna halo them (I think its called a jacket in earrings?) you're probably not looking for something big, I'm guessing. Is heat ok with you?

Jackets are actually removable diamond halos - typically for 5 or 6mm round stones, so that you can interchange the stud that's in the center of them, going from diamonds to sapphires, or whatever studs you have. They've become really popular lately!

Example: http://loupetroop.com/listings/earrings/stud-earring-halo-jackets

zephyr

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild|1392671551|3617188 said:

Jackets are actually removable diamond halos - typically for 5 or 6mm round stones, so that you can interchange the stud that's in the center of them, going from diamonds to sapphires, or whatever studs you have. They've become really popular lately!

I would like to see these jackets too. Where does one buy them? My next project is going to be ruby earrings and having jackets would be awesome.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
The jackets are lovely! But they don't fit an oval earrings :(

Still looking for a nice oval pair... :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
zephyr|1392679750|3617307 said:
FrekeChild|1392671551|3617188 said:

I would like to see these jackets too. Where does one buy them? My next project is going to be ruby earrings and having jackets would be awesome.
They seem to be pretty popular lately. If you can get them on LT or DB, those are probably the best bets. If not, IDJ makes them pretty regularly for PSers.

http://idjewelryonline.com/index.php

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, what is up with PS today? Double posts annoy the heck out of me!

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono! They look lovely!

Any recommendation where i could send this to get it set?

Thanks!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone local to you? Are you looking for a stock halo or something custom?

kathness

Shiny_Rock
I bought the jackets from IDJ! They are soo sparkly!! But I'm still in a look out for a nice oval sapphire :) . To match my oval ring below :)

_21181.jpg

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Hi All, has anyone bought from the natural sapphire? I'm thinking of purchasing from them & was wondering what's everyone experience?

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chrono! Thanks for this, I'm glad I read those prior to buying anything from them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results