shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire from Tan- Let me know you think...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I just purchased this blue sapphire from Tan and I'm wondering what you all think. Its hard for me to shop online and I feel like I need to see the stone person before I can make a decision, but I'd like to know your thoughts on the stone based on the photo/video. At least Tan allows returns if I change my mind. I wanted an oval sapphire around this size, not too dark but also not too light. I don't mind that the stone is heated and I was hoping to stay under $1000. I eventually want to put it in a white gold chunky halo setting with a plain shank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230463346122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I do feel that the stone might be a bit dark but being that I can't afford the perfect shade of blue, I think I'll be happy with it for what I paid. I feel like I have looked at all of the colored stone sites and had no luck in this price range unless I'm willing to accept a lot of gray (which I'm not).

Thanks in advance!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two stones I have bought from Tan were a dead ringers for their pictures on is site. To get a better idea of the real life perspective of his stones I save the picture in a jpg. file and then reduce it to a small size. About the size of the stone itself. When I do this for your stone I see a darker blue sapphire that is a tad darker in the middle. To me it looks beautiful and not too dark, but your eyes will be the judge when it arrives.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert but it looks a lovely royal blue color and very sparkly too. Good luck with it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
LisaRN - What a great suggestion! I just copied the photo and reduced the size and while it is a bit dark, I think it still looks like a very pretty blue stone. As long as it looks blue (and not almost black like many of the crappy sapphires you see in the stores) I think I'll be happy with the purchase. I'm glad to know you've found that his photos are accurate. I have purchased one stone from him before and I was very pleased with it.

Thanks chel180! Hopefully it looks good in real life!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it better than the Diana/Kate sapphire (now that thing is black)!! I think it's a lovely medium dark blue color, and not a lot of zoning or inclusions. Very nice!! Post pics when you get it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
TL said:
I like it better than the Diana/Kate sapphire (now that thing is black)!! I think it's a lovely medium dark blue color, and not a lot of zoning or inclusions. Very nice!! Post pics when you get it.

Thanks TL, I was hoping you would chime in, as I find your advice around this forum to be so valuable! I'll definitely post pics once I receive it.

And I agree about the Diane/Kate sapphire, although I'll admit I love the overall look of that ring.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone has great promise - no hints of green or grey in that stone. :appl:

I hope it will be lovely - good size too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a nice color & good size. As TL mentioned, zoning doesn't look like an issue. Can't wait to hear what you think when it arrives. If it's not what you want, Tan is an angel about returns -- I sent something back, there was a mix-up at his end & he ate some cost to give me a full refund. Can't ask for better. Pics when you get it!

--- Laurie

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think it is dark at all. The price is good for its size.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for your thoughts!

JewelFreak - that's great to hear about the return policy, just in case.

crasru - I don't think it looks overly dark, I'm just really not skilled at assessing a stone from online photos, as many are on this forum. So I appreciate everyone's opinions for sure. I'm looking forward to receiving it and it does seem like I got the stone for a decent price, compared to what's out there. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results