clarity

Rutilated Quartz - 697.00 Cts

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="airdancer|1400222218|3673967.....Very beautiful![/quote]

understatement!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Is a stone like that really worth that much? it's gorgeous, but it's quartz. Are gold coloured rutile inclusions really rare? I've never actually heard of them before.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen bracelets with large round beads (ball shaped) in Asia with this - we call it quartz beads with golden straw rutile they are very pretty, rumoured to be lucky in Asian cultures, and the top coloured ones with large beads sell for a few thousand per bracelet wholesale so I believe it is quite expensive, that is a massive piece.... the cheaper pieces have black, silver and other colour rutile in them as well.... this is probably rarer because it is all golden.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is large, the rutile is very even and there are no other inclusions, so, yes, it is hard to find a similar stone. If you look at the price per carat (under $15/ct), it doesn't seem that expensive. A lot of money, sure.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's as though it is a clear glass globe filled with golden straw inside. What a massive piece and I imagine it would be impractical to do anything with it other than be a showcase item.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
That just made my jaw drop. Just beautiful!

It's weird, I started off looking for sapphires and want a great garnet collection but keep finding myself very attracted to things like this. Too bad that piece is so huge, I would love a little mini version!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!!! :love:

My mum gave me a ball of quartz with a small bunch of well-defined needles, and I thought it looked rather pretty.

I did not realise the ball is worth quite a bit (over 200 GBP) until I went to a minerals and gems show and showed it to some of the store holders!

I am keeping it for certain.

DK :))

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I see this stuff in the rough around $1 per ct. This one looks to be a very nice piece, the needles are a nice color and running in the same direction.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1400239723|3674023 said:
It is large, the rutile is very even and there are no other inclusions, so, yes, it is hard to find a similar stone. If you look at the price per carat (under $15/ct), it doesn't seem that expensive. A lot of money, sure.

arkieb1 said:
I've seen bracelets with large round beads (ball shaped) in Asia with this - we call it quartz beads with golden straw rutile they are very pretty, rumoured to be lucky in Asian cultures, and the top coloured ones with large beads sell for a few thousand per bracelet wholesale so I believe it is quite expensive, that is a massive piece.... the cheaper pieces have black, silver and other colour rutile in them as well.... this is probably rarer because it is all golden.

I see, thanks for the explanations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results