shape
carat
color
clarity

Rustic Baltic Amber Necklace = LOVE!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't believe how costly amber has become! I have always loved it. I found a listing on Etsy a couple of months ago for a very old strand of temporarily strung Baltic amber beads and added it to my favorites, but didn't expect to buy it because of the price. It's hard to justify spending a lot of money on stones that aren't very durable. One day, on a lark, I sent my husband a captured image of the beads, because I thought they were beautiful. I told him that I thought they cost too much (not diamond prices, of course, but more than I had ever spent on amber), but I loved looking at them. He made a comment that if they cost too much, they'd still be available in a couple of months, and if we did well in December (business with variable income, and December is an important month), I could wear them to New Year's Eve dinner. Rather spur of the moment, I commented back that they didn't seem like New Year's Eve dinner beads to me, but, rather, beads that I could anoint with oils and wear while we enjoyed cavepeople lovin'. He told me to buy them immediately. True story. Haha!

I didn't want to risk hurting them with a metal clasp, so I made this very simple clasp with a few bone beads I had. I didn't even restring them, because the cord they were on was strong.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this necklace.

image_2492.jpg

image_2491.jpg

image_2485.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find Tourmaline! I love your amber bead necklace. Did you make some neckshots as well? I would love to see them.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ingenuity in making the clasp. I too would love neck shots as its hard to see the length in your hands. :praise:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's incredibly pretty Tourmaline. Your necklace looks very flattering on you. 8-)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's very nice! Looks even better on than off. I think it would do just great for NY Eve dinner and cave-man lovin'! Start the year off with a (errr) bang. (Haha, that one was worthy of Kenny!)

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd call it "naturally rustic elegance"! Beautiful! Do you have a couple more pieces to make earrings?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
digdeep|1416254918|3785306 said:
I'd call it "naturally rustic elegance"! Beautiful! Do you have a couple more pieces to make earrings?

No, I don't have more like this. This was all of the beads.

Haha, ilovegemstones!

Thanks, LoversKites. :)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous. I love the variety of shape, size and colour. I think of amber as more of an autumn/winter stone but yours will look amazing year round.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great on your neck tourmaline! Love the rich color against your skin color and the presence of the necklace is impressive. Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lady_Disdain|1416311443|3785658 said:
It is gorgeous. I love the variety of shape, size and colour. I think of amber as more of an autumn/winter stone but yours will look amazing year round.

Thanks! Yes, amber is one of those stones said to bring warmth. I do think it'll work year round.

Thanks, Missy! :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for the neck shot!
it looks fab on you!
this is my type of necklace.........oh, yeah, i'm in lust and jealous!

eta: oh, and re that cavepeople lovin' might I say that that was one successful ploy?! :appl: :oops: :lol:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love amber and the prices have really gone sky high! I was in the Baltics a few years ago and tried to find a deal. Nyet! Russia had the highest price, then Estonia, Lativia, Poland and Lithuania was the least expensive. Beautiful pieces everywhere but $$$. In 1990s I bought a rough amber necklace in Mali, Africa. Very poor quality as there was no precision cutting for the Tootsie Roll shaped beads, the color is marigold and there is no translucency whatsoever. Even so they were not so cheap.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, lambskin, the rise in price is huge! I was shocked when it happened, and I still can hardly believe it.

Haha, movie zombie! I was pleased with the results of my ploy! :)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tourmaline|1416342004|3785917 said:
Yes, lambskin, the rise in price is huge! I was shocked when it happened, and I still can hardly believe it.

Haha, movie zombie! I was pleased with the results of my ploy! :)

Both results? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results