shape
carat
color
clarity

Russian Demantoid Garnet Ring

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Went to the Intergem Show yesterday. Got a pretty ring from Vance Gems.

Mr. Vance and his wife are super nice and a delightful couple!

It's a 1.26 carat Russian demantoid garnet ring with 0.44 carats of diamonds and 14 kt white gold.

The garnet is in a bezel setting. I didn't realize that demantoids were softer than other garnets. So, I'm glad it's bezel because I'm clumsy.

Here are some pics:

dg2.jpg

dg1.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
It does have a horsetail inclusion.

Mr. Vance has one more Russian garnet and another one from some place else. He may have some more at home, but he just had 3 on display.

My daughter was excited about the other gems, and he gave her a $10 Mexican opal (almost 1 carat). It's yellow instead of orange/red. She was so thrilled! It's a pretty stone.

We told her that we were going to the gem show. She asked, "Daddy, how much can I spend?". He started laughing. And, so it begins!

She is 11 years old and has Autism. I wish she'd know about gems as much as she knows about Pokemon!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I would love to add a Russian demantoid to my collection someday. More pics please! :naughty:

txgreeneyes said:
My daughter was excited about the other gems, and he gave her a $10 Mexican opal (almost 1 carat). It's yellow instead of orange/red. She was so thrilled! It's a pretty stone. We told her that we were going to the gem show. She asked, "Daddy, how much can I spend?". He started laughing. And, so it begins! She is 11 years old and has Autism. I wish she'd know about gems as much as she knows about Pokemon!

What fun that you made it a family event! Dad was probably shaking in his boots with the two of you girls and all those beautiful gems. ;-)
How fun and wonderful of Mr. Vance to get her started on her gem collection! That's about the age when I got started, you never know, Pokemon may have some competition! =)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Demantoid garnets are such amazing gems, one of my all time favorite.
Beautiful ring. :appl:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
sparkleismyfavcolor|1421765112|3819328 said:
What a beautiful ring! I would love to add a Russian demantoid to my collection someday. More pics please! :naughty:

txgreeneyes said:
My daughter was excited about the other gems, and he gave her a $10 Mexican opal (almost 1 carat). It's yellow instead of orange/red. She was so thrilled! It's a pretty stone. We told her that we were going to the gem show. She asked, "Daddy, how much can I spend?". He started laughing. And, so it begins! She is 11 years old and has Autism. I wish she'd know about gems as much as she knows about Pokemon!

What fun that you made it a family event! Dad was probably shaking in his boots with the two of you girls and all those beautiful gems. ;-)
How fun and wonderful of Mr. Vance to get her started on her gem collection! That's about the age when I got started, you never know, Pokemon may have some competition! =)

Yes - the first gem is always free :twisted: !!!! But you need more, you will come back!!!!!

No - a wonderful story and a beautiful ring - you see the dispersion at 3 o'clock! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results