shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby or Sapphire

If price were not a factor, would you rather own a ruby or sapphire?

• Sapphire

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Ruby

Votes: 27 50.9%

• Total voters

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Love of colored stones is very personal. If you could have either a ruby or sapphire, in whatever color, shape, or size you'd like, which would you choose?

Please share the juicy details! :lickout:

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ruby of course , I prefer red over blue and also think a fine ruby has an internal shine from florescence

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Silky Kashmir’esq blue sapphire. God, just thinking about it makes my girl parts tingle.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I can dream, right? ;-) Medium tone, strong saturation, purple to lavender-blue color shift sapphire. Oh, 4 carats and precision cushion cut, please. :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Silky Kashmir-type blue at least 7.5 mm. Would also love a well-saturated yellow, without any brown secondary. Haha, in my dreams....

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think sapphires are gorgeous, it's hard to pick between the two. But the only ruby I own seriously glows, I can't ever stop looking at it when I wear it. The only downside to it is that it's just a little small. My jeweler said he believed it was a little less than 1 carat. I think since maybe it is the only round stone I own it just looks smaller than my other stones which are mostly oval and cushion cut. If I could have that exact ruby but a little bigger, I would definitely pick ruby.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All else equal (carat weight, mm measurement, untreated, colour, clarity, and cut), I prefer ruby over blue sapphire due to the rarity and glow.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
There is nothing more beautiful than ruby, that's for sure. Princesss has a ruby cross her father bought in Thailand -- I hardly ever saw anything more breathtaking. It does glow!

aaronl

Rough_Rock
I have to go with ruby. Not only is a ruby a better color for my wife, it's her birthstone.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I keep hoping people will post eye candy.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I could spend a lifetime in a trance looking at this one if it were mine. Almost makes me want to go try all the phone booths in florida. Do they still have phone booths? Grand Central used to have awesome phone booths. And those lockers that for a quarter you could stash you knapsack for the day. Guess that isn't an option anymore. Makes me wonder which was better, the cold war or the post modern 9/11 world. Oh right, rubies are better. now I have to look at my 2mm rubies in the microscope so I can pretend they are 100X

longinglydelong.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire. Red isn't my color.

Lets bling-**** this joint up.

154472_677780181867_687639552_1.jpg

leon_mege_3_stone_sapphire_ring.jpg

_16053.jpg

leon_1.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Bless you, Freke. That's some lusciousness!

That Leon three stone is about my dream ring right there!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer raspberry reds to blues, and have seen some really nice neon/hot pink sapphires like this one currently listed at Wild Fish Gems:

http://wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/15520

So yes to rubies AND sapphires as long as they are pink-red.

DK :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphenequeen, I'm with you on that electric blue. Wow, what a stunner! Blue all the way!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Padparadscha sapphire for me please!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where's the ruby ****?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1395369707.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1395369726.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
VapidLapid|1395357335|3638272 said:
I could spend a lifetime in a trance looking at this one if it were mine. Almost makes me want to go try all the phone booths in florida. Do they still have phone booths? Grand Central used to have awesome phone booths. And those lockers that for a quarter you could stash you knapsack for the day. Guess that isn't an option anymore. Makes me wonder which was better, the cold war or the post modern 9/11 world. Oh right, rubies are better. now I have to look at my 2mm rubies in the microscope so I can pretend they are 100X

Phone booths? I don't get the connection...... :confused:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you asked...

10_ct_unheated_burmese_ruby-2012-agta.jpg

_299.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Chrono, LOVE that 10 ct unheated Burmese. But even so, and despite the fact that I probably have more than half a dozen good quality sapphires in my possession, if given the choice, my lust still is for the blue. :confused:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A RUBY.

I have a little one, but I've always, always, always wanted one in the 2ct range.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results