shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby earrings Christmas present for mom, how is it?

dornab

Rough_Rock
I bought it for $90 from ebay, 14K yellow gold. The setting is clean and nice, but a couple of the rubies look pretty cloudy. Is that how rubies are on average, or is this particularly bad? Also, how is the price for something like this? The rubies are 3mm at best.

I'll return it if you think it's no good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121839504659

s-l1600__6_0.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking as a completely non-expert ruby fan, I think you did very well for the price. You could have paid that much for costume jewelry! The setting is so pretty, and the color looks good. No one is going to get close enough to a pair of earrings to assess the clarity of each one. If it were a ring, the cloudy ones would be considered sub-par, but they will hide among their friends.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are at least worth the setting. I would not expect much of the rubies. It really depends on what you are willing to spend, how much time you have to shop, and your expectations. Given that this will be a Christmas gift and are earrings, they are very budget friendly.

dornab

Rough_Rock
I'm posting a couple of more pics, to show them in different lighting.

Thanks for responding! So the price seems to be right.

As long as they are not particularly bad quality rubies, I'll just show her and see if she likes them.

img_10187.jpg

img_10188.jpg

img_10189.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results