shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby cabs, what do you think?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi there ladies and gents!

I'm really not an expert in coloured stone by any means - in fact, I know nothing!
So I am curious what you think of these interesting cabs I found while on holiday recently.
They are not certified, although of course they are natural. And, as far as I know, unheated...

I'm having them set into a ring and a necklace, drawing inspiration from Tiffany sugarstack design...

I was wondering what the PS community would make of these interesting little beauties!?

ruby_cabs_1_resized_aug_2013.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Unnecessary to say perhaps but...the hand in the photo belongs to a man, not me! :tongue:

ruby_cabs_2_resized.jpg

ruby_cabs_3_resized.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At that size, colour and extremely clean clarity, there's no way that they are untreated. You seem very sure that they aren't synthetic either. If they are truly natural, expect to pay thousands of dollars for them.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
What Chrono said, those are extremely large and clean, I'd be skeptical. And considering how clean they are, I'm surprised they weren't faceted. Lovely nevertheless...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you were truly interested in them, I would pay to get a grading report.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What others have said: they are very clean, and large.

I would sent at least one into AGL. It would only cost $60 (plus shipping and insurance) to determine if one was natural and unheated.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! Congrats on your rubies.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't comment as I know zippo about coloured stones, but I ADORE the colour!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, thank you so much for all your comments friends. :)
I'll take them to the WA Gemmological Association lab when I get them, methinks, and let a few gemmos get a look at them.
I think the suggestion to send off to AGL is a great idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results