shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose cut zircon? Has anyone ever seen any?

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
I am looking for some rose cuts for a necklace and I am thinking zircon would do the trick, but I don't think I have ever seen any. Would consider spinel too. I do know that rose cuts tend to lose a lot of light, and I am wondering if getting some custom cut by one of the precision cutters might be an option and perhaps would give me a brighter stone for a rose. Would love any feedback!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rose cut has large facets with a flat bottom, a cut style that is even more unkind to coloured stones than it is to a diamond. If anything else, it will be less bright than a rose cut diamond.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a rose cut Montana sapphire cut by John Dyer. It is a beautiful gem but has more of a subtle shimmer than sparkle. I don't see any other rose cut gemstones on his website but you could inquire to see if he has any others that aren't listed.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1467307352|4050147 said:
Not a zircon, but worth asking JuliaB (via etsy) if she's come across any rose cut zircons, since she seems to have some rose cut topaz stones (see this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/185487073/rose-cut-blue-topaz-in-gold-milgrain?ref=shop_home_active_16). Just worth asking to see what she thinks, since she does a lot of rings with rose cuts--even more than those listed on her site.

I recall seeing a lot of rose cuts on her website a while ago, but hardly any now. I agree that it's worth reaching out to her as she might have some unlisted stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1467307547|4050150 said:
lovedogs|1467307352|4050147 said:
Not a zircon, but worth asking JuliaB (via etsy) if she's come across any rose cut zircons, since she seems to have some rose cut topaz stones (see this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/185487073/rose-cut-blue-topaz-in-gold-milgrain?ref=shop_home_active_16). Just worth asking to see what she thinks, since she does a lot of rings with rose cuts--even more than those listed on her site.

I recall seeing a lot of rose cuts on her website a while ago, but hardly any now. I agree that it's worth reaching out to her as she might have some unlisted stones.

I've seen some rose cuts on instagram, although not zircon. But I know she really likes them and works with them often, so she may be able to source some :)

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Thank you! All great info, truly appreciate it :)

I will contact Julia and John and see what I can come up with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results