shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring opinions please

AstroGirl

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am new to Pricescope but having read through some of the posts I think this will be a very helpful and supportive forum.

I had this ring custom made and I have a rare opportunity to make some modifications to the height of the setting if I wish. So, I would like some opinions please on whether the stone setting should be lowered so that the cutlet is closer to the band. It is about 1.8mm around from the band at the moment, I can lower it up to 1mm, leaving 0.8mm gap between the cutlet and the band. If I decide to lower the setting, the wraps will be further down each side of the band (hence further apart from each other) and might sit between the fingers when worn.

The table of the stone is exactly 7mm high at the moment.

What are do you think? Keep it the way it is? or lower it 1mm? or less?

Thank you all in advance for your help with this.

icm_11.jpg

il_68.jpg

icm_12.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely lowered since the bench is capable of this modification. You'll find it an easier ring to wear.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree w chrono - I'd lower it to prevent damaging the setting plus it seems disconnected to the band, at that height.

Looks very much like one from Sally at Heart of Water, on etsy. Beautiful design!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It does look like Sally's. I agree w/Chrono & Enerchi -- it will be easier if lower. Not only more protected from damage but at the height it is, it looks like it would catch on clothing, etc. If the bench can handle it well, it shouldn't change its niceness at all.

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others - it is a lovely ring, but the height of that stone for me would be an accident waiting to happen.

AstroGirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your opinions and compliments. Having the ring lowered was my first thought too but I am an indecisive one, so thank you for helping me settle with this decision :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results