shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Hughes - back in the Lab business!

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The venerable Ruby and Sapphire expert, Richard Hughes, has now moved back into the gemstone laboratory business. He has opened a new lab in Bangkok called http://lotusgemology.com/. It is said to be the world's first gemological laboratory focused solely on Ruby, Sapphire and Spinel.

I realize that from time to time here on PS that Richard was able to assist with locating fine Sapphires, it will likely be a conflict of interest for him to continue to do so.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, do you know if they have a LIBS or mass spectrometer, or access to one?

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
TL|1410960307|3752463 said:
Thank you, do you know if they have a LIBS or mass spectrometer, or access to one?
Hi TL,
Richard has not gone public with this info, yet. But, given his history, if anyone would be known as thorough, it would be Hughes. I would expect a press release after the Hong Kong Show has finished as he is presenting at several sessions there. More to follow on Hughes in the coming weeks.... and there will be other significant news out of Bangkok soon.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roger Dery|1410966465|3752488 said:
Hi TL,
Richard has not gone public with this info, yet. But, given his history, if anyone would be known as thorough, it would be Hughes. I would expect a press release after the Hong Kong Show has finished as he is presenting at several sessions there. More to follow on Hughes in the coming weeks.... and there will be other significant news out of Bangkok soon.

Ooh, cryptic but interesting!

S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux said:
Hi TL,

Ooh, cryptic but interesting!

haha +1!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, have been following the news and hope to hear more about it soon.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for letting us know Roger. I guess he will soon become a lab of choice in that part of the world ;))

Roger said:
I realize that from time to time here on PS that Richard was able to assist with locating fine Sapphires, it will likely be a conflict of interest for him to continue to do so.

Since that tends to be a private consulting arrangement - and rare, I think - I hope it won't stop him from commenting occasionally.

While I appreciate this new venture will be exciting and time consuming for him, it is always great to have him contribute his knowledge just as it is with our Friendly Faceters, you among them.

... and there will be other significant news out of Bangkok soon.

Aaaargh!!! Tease. How long do we have to wait and will you please come back and point us to it? :))

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
and there will be other significant news out of Bangkok soon.
I've heard SSEF and Christian Dunaigre are alos opening labs here. It's a really good news.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results