natural top colour blue topaz rough into
faceted gems for Mochiko, Shulaibaoma,
Lovinggems and myself.

It will be great to see how the cutting
progresses in the coming 2 weeks!!

_30766.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm honestly super excited for all of you!! :love: I wish I could partake, but alas I cannot. So I will definitely be living vicariously through you! That color ... :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first step will be to slice the big piece up into smaller ones:

_30768.jpg

_30769.jpg

_30770.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting, I can't wait to see how they turn out!! Gives us something fun to follow along with...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realize the motherload was so flat; I was hoping it'll cut into one giant medium blue natural topaz. :lol: How much paler will it be once it is broken down into 4 pieces?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgous piece!!

Imagine a competion - some custom cutter get a similar piece!! Would be very interesting!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to the next instalment.

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug's new post just went up. :) Looks like jello candy, I wonder which of the 11m cubes will be mine?

uploadfromtaptalk1433289035139.png

uploadfromtaptalk1433289114309.png

uploadfromtaptalk1433289129239.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sparkliesluver! Wish you would have reserved one of the sister stones as well! I love love love that new Chrysoprase of yours. Speaking about amazing colour!

Thanks for sharing into the excitement EvangelineG, Katharath and Marlow :wavey:

Chrono: :lol: You've got your answer today. Excited to see what the end result will look like.

DK: stay tuned! Doug will be a out of office on Thursday and Friday and will then commence with the process.

Mochiko: thanks for posting the last update! I hope the oval is also ordered by a Pricescoper!

_30785.jpg

_30786.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there. I ordered the oval. Really interesting watching this happening. As you all have posted measurements, I asked for 9mm x 7mm. :lickout:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug is moving fast!
Starting with the first two 11 mm Asschers

_30789.jpg

_30790.jpg

_30791.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting ready for the polishing stage!

_30792.jpg

_30793.jpg

_30794.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid said:
Hi there. I ordered the oval. Really interesting watching this happening. As you all have posted measurements, I asked for 9mm x 7mm. :lickout:
Yay! That's great that you are a stone sister too Pyramid! Any ideas yet on how to set your oval? An oval is such an elegant shape. It will look great.

lilmosun said:
What a cool project! Can't wait to see the results :)
Thank you for sharing in our excitement Lilmosun :wavey:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1433293334|3884389 said:
What a cool project! Can't wait to see the results :)

Me too! So excited for you all. It's going to be fabulous!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting a thread, I'm loving the updates and can't wait to see everyone's stones!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so cool! :dance: Thanks to both Doug and Acinom for the updates and pictures.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ringcat, ricezo, Lovinggems and Chrono :wavey:

Lovinggems, Mochiko, Shulaibaoma and Pyramid: what do you think till sofar?
Personally I am enjoying the process and love to see where it is heading from now. I had expected the stones to be a lot darker. As I am a huge fan of all shades of blue, I am sure I will love the outcome.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a large piece is cut down into several smaller pieces, the natural outcome is for the little pieces to become lighter in tone and often times, also less saturated compared to the original large piece due to the shorter path the light will travel through, hence my earlier comment about the colour after the big Chop Chop.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smaller cut cubed pieces of rough is actually closer to the lighter toned blue of my inspiration stone that I showed Doug. The uncut original rough was a lot darker than the color I had asked Doug for. It's fascinating to see the process of the stone being cut! It's a very special feeling (akin to seeing how the vegetables you eat are grown, I guess!).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just don't try to eat these delicious looking icy blue jello cubes or a visit to the dentist will be mandatory. :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono: ooow... I did not realise that at all! Learning every day here on PS. Thank you for sharing this.
The pieces look quite edible indeed!

Mochiko: would love to see your inspiration stone. Do you have any ideas on how to set it yet or will you think about it once the stone is ready. Yes, it feels like haute couture doesn't it? It's very special indeed. Hopefully Doug is not out of office as planned for the coming two days. It will be soo hard to wait until next week 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see the top colour natural blue topaz has gone to good homes.

Looking forward to pics of the finished stones!

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
This is so cool! Thanks for sharing--looking forward to seeing the next steps! :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168 said:
Good to see the top colour natural blue topaz has gone to good homes.

Looking forward to pics of the finished stones!

DK: 8-) . So proud to be stone sisters with Pyramid, Lovinggems, Mochiko and Shulaibaoma. There is still a piece left that will cut an oval. If that last piece is reserved by a PSer as well, it will be a true Pricescope rough to sibling stones extravaganza

DecoDaze said:
This is so cool! Thanks for sharing--looking forward to seeing the next steps! :bigsmile:
Decodaze: Doug has continued with the cutting process. I will post the update right after this!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug continued with the cutting process already: will this be Mochiko's stone? She was the first who reserved a piece of rough!

_30817.jpg

_30818.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results