shape
carat
color
clarity

Red Spinel Three Stone Ring- Pic Heavy

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an approximately 1.5 carat Burma Red Spinel from AJS with approximately .60 carat each RB diamond sides. I don't know why I became obsessed with owning a red spinel- I tend to like more pastel pink and orange stones. But when I got the stone I loved the glow of it. It looks red in flourescent light, sometimes a purplish red in low light and it glows dark pink in direct sunlight. I think the glow gave it the wow factor for me as otherwise I would think it too dark. I was not worried about the proportions of the stones as the diamonds were from other rings and one is from my MIL's old engagement ring. She didn't like the diamond- too small. lol But I put it to good use and it is a rememberence now. :)

005_11.jpg

022_0.jpg

019.jpg

018_2.jpg

021.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemfever beat me to it - I was going to say how beautiful the proportions look on your finger. Well done!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, I love red stones and white diamonds.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty -- the color is dynamite & love the proportions of the stones!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Classic! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Oh, so beautiful!

Between this, and AGBF's beauty, I'm starting to really want a red stone ring. And I'm not into red! Seriously, I don't have a single red thing in my whole wardrobe/accessories. I barely have anything that isn't blue/grey/black. But I want a red stone, now. Pricescope, what have you all done?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's something soooooo elegant about a classical 3 stone ring. I love the sentiment behind it! Did you have the setting made?

Enjoy wearing it. It very much suits your hand and looks lovely. Congratulations.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a perfect setting - and I love the inclusion of your MIL's stone :halo:
Beautiful on your hand --- and love the description of how the colours change in the different lighting situation. Enjoy!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1327352637|3109840 said:
There's something soooooo elegant about a classical 3 stone ring. I love the sentiment behind it! Did you have the setting made?

Enjoy wearing it. It very much suits your hand and looks lovely. Congratulations.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Alberto from Amcor Designs set the ring in a stock setting from Unique Settings of New York. He manipulated the prongs to fit my stones.. The red spinel is nice and I love it but it is not a stone I would have a custom setting made for. One day when I get my dream spinel (I am dreaming BIG electric neon pink/purple or or a vibrant teal that looks blue but has green flashes) I will get a custom setting. If that day ever happens. lol I like the color of this spinel very much:

http://www.finewatergems.com/spinel.html

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another lover of red and white 3 stone rings and drool every time I see something like this...love it!

As others have said, it suits you so well...I'm glad it won you over, enjoy it's loveliness.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very classy ring and I love the sentiment behind it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw a ring I liked more! I love the red. Unlike you, I do not love pastels; I love true reds. Sometimes I find my own, newly set, spinel too square and chunky as it is a cushion cut, not a true oval. (Only sometimes!) Your ring is graceful, classical, and perfect!

Wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1327494982|3111260 said:
I never saw a ring I liked more! I love the red. Unlike you, I do not love pastels; I love true reds. Sometimes I find my own, newly set, spinel too square and chunky as it is a cushion cut, not a true oval. (Only sometimes!) Your ring is graceful, classical, and perfect!

Wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! :)

Deb, I mean this is an nice and flattered way- I feel like somebody in a Lam just pulled up to my new Subaru and said "nice car". lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results