shape
carat
color
clarity

Recent rings/projects...3 stone mint/mahenge, etc

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I've been around but not posting quite as much as I was. I have continued to tweak my collection though. I've purchased a few things over the last few months, so I thought I'd do a new thread and post pics.

First up is my new three stone bezel ring. It has a center mahenge, 5.2 mm and @.7 ct, and two merelani mints, each @5 mm, 1.15 tcw. The setting is 14k rose gold. I really like this ring because it has a nice presence about it but not too big for my tastes :). I bought the mints in January and then got the mahenge a couple of months ago. I was looking for a nice, very pink mahenge for this ring, and Yvonne Raley helped me choose this one. In fact she sourced all of these gems, and had the setting made/set them as well. It may be hard to tell since the gems are set at a bit of an angle as they go across my finger, but none of them are windowed. They are all very beautifully Portuguese cut, which is a cut I really love on mints and mahenges in particular.

_17729.jpg

_17730.jpg

_17731.jpg

_17732.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I bought my first diamond eternity band recently, off of LT, and I'm wearing the new ring with it. It's 18k YG, but I still like the rings together even if they don't quite match. I think it's @.65 tcw in diamonds, so it's small, but it's lovely, I think :). Vintage Art Deco style.

_17734.jpg

_17735.jpg

_17736.jpg

_17737.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I got this station bracelet from Yvonne not too long ago and I love it...mint center, with outer mahenges. Set in 14k rose gold. I've been wearing it every day, it's so cute. (Pics are from Yvonne)

_17738.jpg

_17739.jpg

_17740.jpg

_17741.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I also got another little round mahenge. Today is very overcast so I'll try to take better pics tomorrow, but I think this is probably my favorite mahenge so far. The color is gorgeous and the cut is great. It's strongly colored but it has no extinction. My pics don't do it any justice - I'll include some of Yvonne's for now along with a couple of mine , and take better ones soon. It is 5.3 mm round and around .75 or so cts, I think. It's the bottom left in the group shots.

_17742.jpg

_17743.jpg

_17744.jpg

_17745.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of other things to post about that I don't think I've shown yet, but I have to run for now - more later :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I also got this ring a few months ago but I don't think I posted about it. It's 14k WG with blue color change garnets and tourmaline. I really like it as a RHR.

_17747.jpg

_17748.jpg

_17749.jpg

_17750.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
A little (4 mm) pair of Namibian demantoids from Jeff Davies (beautifully cut and very dispersive), and also a pretty blue zircon , precision cut, around 1.5 cts if I recall correctly. I got it just to see a zircon in person. There's nothing exceptional about it but the cutting is lovely; I'd say the color is nice but nothing special.

_17753.jpg

_17754.jpg

_17755.jpg

_17756.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Two more of the new ring - it's a bit hard to get the colors to show accurately on this one. I think these are closer though. The greens are richer than they look in most of the pics, they're really not yellowy mints (I don't like yellowy mints).

_17757.jpg

_17759.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful pieces, but I super duper LOVE the CC garnet & tourmaline ring! Super pretty!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic color combination on your ring! Do you have more pics of your newest mahenge, it looks great!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1399334313|3666852 said:
All beautiful pieces, but I super duper LOVE the CC garnet & tourmaline ring! Super pretty!

Thank you, I really like this one too! It's a departure for me from my usual style and gold choice (I generally do YG and RG). It's a lovely, fun ring though, I think :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Xrisus|1399343169|3666942 said:
Fantastic color combination on your ring! Do you have more pics of your newest mahenge, it looks great!

Thanks so much! I will get some more pics taken soon, whenever the weather gives me some sun. It's been overcast lately, it was all day today. I actually think this new mahenge might be my nicest one! Jaimeen at Prima said that this was an unusually nice one, especially the saturation for its smaller size. He had some great things to say about this one, and I completely trust his eye with these. I will def try to get some better pics. As soon as I saw it, I could tell it was a beauty, but my pics just don't show how nice it is!

Anyway I'm off to bed now, more tomorrow...

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
Drooling over that Mahenge! Love the ring especially, I'm also having a 5 stone ring made by Yvonne, hope it turns out as beautiful as yours :love:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Love all but that three stone just pops with awesome, bright, happy color! Wow! Enjoy it. :)

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
JoCoJenn|1399334313|3666852 said:

I agree, that's also my favorite, but all are lovely!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Elyxia|1399371825|3667101 said:
Drooling over that Mahenge! Love the ring especially, I'm also having a 5 stone ring made by Yvonne, hope it turns out as beautiful as yours :love:

Thank you :). What type of gems are you using in your ring? I love her five stone rings too - I used to own a sapphire five stone ring from Yvonne, set in rose gold, but I sold it. Sometimes I miss it, it was a lovely ring... Anyway I'd love to hear about your project if you feel like writing about it!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Gemandjewelrylover - glad you like that ring. It's funny , it seems almost like half prefer that one and half prefer the three stone. They are VERY different types of rings though, so I can see why the preferences could be divided like that. Anyway thanks for the kind words :)

Purplesparklies - thank you so much! It has a bright summery look to it, which I love. I'm looking forward to seeing your ring from Yvonne soon!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Xrisus - I'll be taking pics of the new mahenge this afternoon, so I'll try to get some good ones :)

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
katharath|1399400374|3667352 said:
Thank you :). What type of gems are you using in your ring? I love her five stone rings too - I used to own a sapphire five stone ring from Yvonne, set in rose gold, but I sold it. Sometimes I miss it, it was a lovely ring... Anyway I'd love to hear about your project if you feel like writing about it!

I'm getting an Aqua centre stone (birthstone!) then 2xPink Mahenge spinels and 2xblue Zircons on the outside in rose gold. It's so hard waiting for it to be finished lol!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So happy it turned out so well Katharath! I adore the bracelet too. Does the flower stay up or does it always fall down to the bottom of your wrist?

The cc garnet and tourmaline ring looks stunning on you!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1399413708|3667476 said:
So happy it turned out so well Katharath! I adore the bracelet too. Does the flower stay up or does it always fall down to the bottom of your wrist?

The cc garnet and tourmaline ring looks stunning on you!

The bracelet does tend to fall around to the bottom of my wrist. I think it's partly bc it's sized too big for me though, I need to have the length shortened a good inch to get a really great fit. Yvonne has offered to do it but I haven't felt like mailing it back yet, lol.

Thanks for your nice post!! :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Elyxia|1399410063|3667444 said:
katharath|1399400374|3667352 said:

I'm getting an Aqua centre stone (birthstone!) then 2xPink Mahenge spinels and 2xblue Zircons on the outside in rose gold. It's so hard waiting for it to be finished lol!

That sounds lovely, how fun! Blues, greens, and pink/reds are my favorite color gems, so I'm sure I'll like your ring :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
And I know these last pics are awful, but I didn't have time for better and I was trying to get finished with adding pics in here, lol...but here are pics that all of my mahenges have sneaked into :). (Excuse my dirty earrings which I just popped out of my ears and didn't have time to clean! They are actually really gorgeous but not at their best here).

Today is my bday, so I am off to spend it with my husband (and kiddos, after school). Hope you all enjoy the pics!

_17837.jpg

_17838.jpg

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
Happy Birthday katharath! All your jewelry look gorgeous, I can't stop staring at the pretty glow of your mahenges in the latest pictures..wow..!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You certainly have an eye for Mahenges - they look lovely. Your new ring is pretty; I love mint garnets and I love sleekness of the setting.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
That is a great stone, a wonderful mix of cotton candy pink with some candy apple red! Your entire collection is great, I really enjoy the cushions that you have. I was just reminded by seeing one of them that I have to send one of mine to Jerry to be recut at some point in the future.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urhg PS break meant I missed this... WOWZERS what a beauty that three-stone ring is! I bet it sparkles like mad! That spinel is sooooooo intensely pink. And I lovvvvve that station bracelet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results