shape
carat
color
clarity

Rainbow calcite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I was browsing ACS, and found a rainbow calcite stone earlier today. I fell in love with it, because I am looking for a stone that is clear enough (yet has enough sparkle to look nice) that I can put a brighter stone behind, like a sapphire, so it shows through well. I looked around online for a seller, but apparently this stone is fairly soft so it isn''t cut very often. Any suggestions where I could look for this?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you planning to set this in a ring? I don't recommend it for such soft material. It is more of a collector's item to keep unset so that it doesn't sustain any damage.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of a pendant, actually, since it is really so soft. More of a "special occasion" type of piece. I have looked all day though and the only piece I found that was actually cut was at ACS. I love that rainbow-y sheen though...I did spend some time looking at quartz, that''s generally harder I think. I think I may be stumped heh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results