shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Chrono

stci

Ideal_Rock
Please Dear friend,

Would you tell me what budget should I have for a pear similar to yours? I mean setting and stone. Not necessarily the quality of yours but could look like. Do you accept to give me an idea please?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are looking for a pinkish red pear of around 12 x 8 mm? The price of the stone will depend on the gem type and treatment, if any. You might get something similar in a rubellite for around $3K although I suspect most rubellite are heated then irradiated with no way for the labs to prove it. If you shop around, you might be able to get it for less. If you want a similarly coloured Mahenge (untreated) but just smaller and on a tight budget, with patience and a good eye, you might be able to snag a deal like Tourmaline Lover did from the eBay vendor Tan who has several online stores.

The setting was made by WF, containing about 0.54 ctw of ACA melees and 10 grams of platinum, so it has quite a bit of heft to it. With the price of gold so high, I’m not sure it’s really any less than the cost of platinum in today’s prices. I paid around $2K at the lower 2009 metal pricing. Etsy or some other eBay vendor might charge less to replicate it.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much Sweety! You are nice to tell me your secret... ;-)

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that you're always so nice and delicate. I love you very much! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not Chrono, but if you're looking to save a lot of money on a large Mahenge, look for included ones. There were some at ajsgems.com at one time, and very well priced for large stones. Clean ones will be very expensive. If you're not on a budget, then scratch what I said.

This has nice color, is very large, and very inexpensive for what it is. If it were clean, it would cost at least 20 times as much and I'm not joking. Spinels have really gone up in price since Chrono bought her gem.

http://www.ajsgem.com/gemstones/spinel/spinel-5.35-carats.html

If you're looking for a specific shape and size, it might limit your search. I would get the best you could afford right now. Just my advice, because if you wait too long, the sky is the limit.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TL but this stone is really too included for my taste.

Problem with me is I have taste like rich person but I'm poor! Need a money tree asap! :lol:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1296869008|2843508 said:
I'm not Chrono, but if you're looking to save a lot of money on a large Mahenge, look for included ones. There were some at ajsgems.com at one time, and very well priced for large stones. Clean ones will be very expensive. If you're not on a budget, then scratch what I said.

This has nice color, is very large, and very inexpensive for what it is. If it were clean, it would cost at least 20 times as much and I'm not joking. Spinels have really gone up in price since Chrono bought her gem.

http://www.ajsgem.com/gemstones/spinel/spinel-5.35-carats.html

If you're looking for a specific shape and size, it might limit your search. I would get the best you could afford right now. Just my advice, because if you wait too long, the sky is the limit.

That's a great color, though, in a great size.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color is awesome and the price is very good. Not always inclusions make a stone look worse; in some stones, they create a "halo" due to dispersion of light. It does not happen often, though.
I looked at AJS website... the stone is so bright-pink! Actually, very pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww shucks…I’m easily embarrassed but thank you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a big hot pink spinel from AJS. I love it even though it's included....ETA: Its much more like AJS's photo in color--I think my camera can't handle the brightness!

IMG_0450 freke.jpg

IMG_9999 freke.jpg

IMG_9258 freke.JPG

Mahenge Spinel ajsgems freke.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, thats very lovely! :love:

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
btw, i'm not Chrono either :bigsmile:

but here's a stone I've been gagas over for a while. I have missed buying it but its one I really fell in love with.

This is also a mahenge spinel....6cts

This one won't be to everyones taste mainly because of the amount of silk it has, but if it ever goes up for sale again I'm totally buying it.

-A

6ctredmahengespinel.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results