shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

novellanicole

Rough_Rock
I want a ring that has a purple sapphire as the center stone. Would the best and most econmical route be purchasing the stone online and taking it to a jewler to get set, ordering or having everything done by a local jewler?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This really depends on the local jeweler and what stones he can provide. There aren''t as many purple sapphires out there and if your shop happens to have a beautiful one, why not.

On the other hand, you can have both stone and setting done remotely - either by the same jeweler or two different shops. There were a few such pieces done on Pricescope. Any other combination works too, I would think, as long as you find the right stone and the right people to work with.

Have you found any sapphire you like listed online ? What kind of setting would work ? Always exciting to see such projects unforld on the forum
5.gif

novellanicole

Rough_Rock
I found one one on http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/
But I haven''t seen many, I want one between 1.4-2 carats,princess cut,and light purple. There are plenty of dark purple stones, but that''s not what I want. I want a kind of antique setting, maybe with a halo, depending on price.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
9.gif

lightpurplesapphire.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Check this one out
gs3240.jpg

from awesome gems..
Another
Plum-Tingle-Sapphire-Ring.htm

not sure if that link works

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I would check out Leon Mage''s artofplatinum for a setting.. they are very yummy!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
r330-11W.jpg

this one is pretty too
r171-42W.jpg

I think this one would look yummy with that stone.. from Fay cullen
p.jpg

how about this one
p.jpg

and I like the one from jewelry expert

purple.gif

novellanicole

Rough_Rock
I have seen some light purple AMETHYSTgems on ebay, but they''re huge 30 carats and above, what would you do with a stone that big

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Blue Topaz can be large, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results