shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Purple Garnets Show and Tell

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Limo sun - lively and lovely rings! I love them both- I can't get over how pretty and versatile the purple is!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Lilmosun I can't take my eyes off that flower ring with the purple garnet center. The garnet looks stunning surrounded by the high karat gold and diamonds. This is my favorite of your jewelry store close out settings As for the cluster ring, it looks beautiful on your hand. Your photo has captured the neon purple. Sometimes Yvonne's photos don't really capture the beauty of the piece. Two great decisions here. Enjoy them

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks picante, acinom, apacherose and sungura! I can see why you and others here are so addicted to these new purples

I actually try very hard not to have stones that are so much alike and didn't realize I had two of the same until I saw them next to each other. But the settings give them such a different look, I think I will keep them both.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
My necklace is finished! I'm so excited to see it in person, it'll be shipped out on Monday. Here's David Klass' pics:

screenshot_2015-11-07-07-29-41.png

screenshot_2015-11-07-07-29-53.png

screenshot_2015-11-07-07-30-05.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous picante!!! What a stunning piece :love: :love:
Please post your pendant in the David Klass thread as well.
Looking forward to see your pics.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Acinom! I just posted on the DK thread as well

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
picante27. I love how the pendant came out. It's how I imagined it. But if course it matters more how you envisioned it. I look forward to more pictures and your impressions once you receive it

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Sungura, thank you! From the pics, it looks just like I imagined as well. I am so excited to see the color of the garnet in person!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mine are newly acquired - 6mm matched set

img_9834.jpg

img_9835.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey those purples are amazing! Wow, I love them! Do you have setting plans for them yet?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
LD, not much beyond the fact that I'm likely to use them in earrings. I just got them in hand, so I haven't even begun thinking about setting ideas for them yet. Heck, I'm still noodling on how to set a pair of blue zircon cushions I bought earlier this summer!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these purples are grape-licious!

TLCGEMS51,
If you are indeed Trade or the business of selling/buying gems, the forum policy does not allow posting of any of your gemstones, be it items for sale or any personal items. If the Trade badge is incorrect, you can contact Ella and ask her to remove it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ: good find - those are very sweet earrings.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
adjdewey. I love your new 6mm round pair. So happy you are enjoying them. 6mm is a good size - substantial for studs but also can be center stone. I split my 6mm pair into a ring and pendant

deskjockey thanks for posting these cute earrings from etsy. I have had many items from this seller's shop favorited. Ilovedogs I agree the shop designer showcases tiny saturated gems in a lovely minimalist way

_35278.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy with how my necklace turned out and with my beautiful garnet! Here's a few pics I took next to a sunny window. I think sunlight brings out a magenta color whereas incandescent and florescent seem to bring out a more true purple.

20151114_103158_0.jpg

20151114_102009-1_0.jpg

20151114_102228_perfectlyclear0001.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Here's a couple away from the window that capture the purple color

20151114_113119-1_perfectlyclear.jpg

20151114_113111-1_perfectlyclear.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picante, you know what's nice about your stone? So many red-based garnets turn brownish in some lightings, and instead, yours goes from beautiful to even more beautiful. I mean, who wouldn't love a stone that vacillates between purple and magenta?!!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank you minousbijoux! I'm loving this garnet! The second set of pics showing the almost grape purple is what I see the majority of the time. Then, occasionally, it turns that vivid magenta. Even my hubby has commented on it, and that's saying a lot, he never notices my jewelery :roll: it's also super sparkly and flashy. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these garnets being set!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The pendant is even more amazing in your pics. I love the colour play and subtle details. It's probably a total pleasure to wear it!
I love the colour and fat shape of your pear. I like!!!

What's the green tourmaline pendant like in real life. Do you love it?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've gotten some Rhodolite and a Spessartite rough recently for me to play around with at my local lapidary club, the Rhodolites seem like they may have an almost purple colour in the fluorescent lighting I am in right now at the office. One of them looked quite dark for a while, almost like a Pyrope but in this lighting they all have the same purplish color in this lighting. However getting them to reveal the purplish color I am seeing to my Samsung's camera is proving quite difficult so I am not sure the pics I am taking qualify for this thread :wall:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Picante, your pendant is fantastic! What a great stone, I like all of its colors.
Aljdewey your pair is beautiful, and what a perfect size.
Sungura, my 'sungura' ring is in the mail! :dance:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Picante! That's a lovely pendant and the pear has lovely colouration even on both sides of the shift. :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank you apacherose, Chrono, and Acinom for your kind words. I'm really enjoying the pendant!

Acinom, the tourmaline necklace went back to David for some minor adjustment to the chain length. I will post some pics when I get it back!

I keep checking this thread for more additions!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
picante27 the pendant looks great and is very unique. I'm so glad you are seeing the magenta flashes. That's my favorite part. Are you happy with how the pendant hangs and slides?

jordyonbass I look forward to seeing your rhodies. How exciting to be working with rough

apacherose I can't wait to see the twin ring on your hand.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Sungura :wavey:

As hard as I tried I just couldn't quite get my phone camera to capture what I am seeing (I know I know, such is photographing gems lol) but here's a few pics anyway. The Rhodos are around 8 carats each, they are the classic raspberry colour in natural lighting but take on a more purple hue in fluorescent lighting.

I'm pretty excited to be able to learn about gem cutting and to cut these for my family and friends to enjoy :dance:

_35300.jpg

rhodos.jpg

all_stones.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy,
Did I miss something? Are you learning to facet gemstones? :appl:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Chrono :wavey:

I've recently joined my local lapidary club where they're currently teaching me cabbing with petrified wood at the moment, the faceting classes come a little later at a fee if someone wants to learn. I suppose it's their way of weeding out who wants to quickly learn how to facet gemstones to make money and who is a genuine gemstone enthusiast.

A couple of the Rhodolites will be my learners to destroy if need be as they teach me, however I will try to facet the Topazs and the Spess and one of the rhodos for my family. I mentioned in the Electric Blue Topaz story thread that the big chunk of sky blue topaz needs to be done ASAP for my grandmother so I may take that to a lapidary to get done, but this isn't the Topaz thread so I'll keep it quiet now :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I wish there's such a club here too. Hope I don't get my hands slapped for saying this but cheap synthetics are a good way to practice your faceting skills.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results