shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Purple Garnets Show and Tell

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love these purple beauties! I definitely need one in my life. Please keep the photos coming!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I consider mine purple :) Rhodolite from Barry:

cgarnet1.jpg

A little more pinkish in natural light, but to my eye I call it purple, LOL...

dmring.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
GailRB. Thanks for sharing another view of your gem. I am liking the cut more and more!

Ricezo thanks for visiting. Glad you love these beauties

deskjockey. I really do love your garnet in that simple, elegant setting

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
How fun to sign on to the Pricescope front page and see my purple garnet goodies features in Jewel of The Week! I am honored that my collection drew some attention. https://www.pricescope.com/blog/purple-garnet-collection. And speaking of drawing attention, I'm planning to make a collage of all our rings and stones posted to his thread organized in some yet to be determined way. Stay tuned....and keep posting

_34869.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewels/colored gems of the Week!
Well deserved :love: :love:

And thank you for taking this initiative: it's a great thread.
I am looking forward to admire your collage.

_493.jpeg

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Omg!! I love these. Seriously need one. New era gems? Im going to go check it out. Any other vendors you inow of?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Hi SapphireCats So glad you like these new and rare (so far) purple rhodolite a from Mozambique. I keep an eye out for what's available so here is what I know:

* All the rough I see available seems to come from New Era Gems. They still have some in stock according to their website. They do not have cut stones

* For instant gratification I know of two sellers with stones available right now: for larger, precision cut gems I believe Jordan Wilkins of Faceting Fantasies has one or two large ones but. They are posted in Facebook. His pear is higher up in this thread. Yvonne Raley of Cecile Raley Designs has several loose gems and finished pieces in her Etsy store. She refers to this particular garnet as Neon Purple. Just check because she has some standard Rhodolite pieces too (pretty but not the same)

* A few PSers are waiting on custom cuts from Jeff White and others have worked with Peter Torraca, Dan Stair and Christiane Morin. Gene Flanigan has cut and sold 2. Not sure he is taking commissions. [/list]

Fellow PS'ers what have I missed?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! So many purple beauties!!! :love: Belated congrats, Sungura, for making Jewel of the Week! :) You have the amazing collage magic touch and great CS stone combos too.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sungura!, :wavey: thanks for the reply! So gotgeous! I have a few rhodolites, not sure if they qualify as purple. Ill post in a separate thread. I just love the ones in this post, such yummy color! I'll go check those sites you mentioned, and FB. Thanks! :appl:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am loving these purple garnets!
I was just checking out Prima Gems eBay inventory and happened to come across several purple garnets they had listed and purchased this 6mm round and 5 x 7mm oval today. I haven't purchased from them before and it's hard to interpret a single picture, so I am hoping they will look great it person :)

_34912.jpg

_34913.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2Neezers|1445054019|3939129 said:
I am loving these purple garnets!
I was just checking out Prima Gems eBay inventory and happened to come across several purple garnets they had listed and purchased this 6mm round and 5 x 7mm oval today. I haven't purchased from them before and it's hard to interpret a single picture, so I am hoping they will look great it person :)

Ooh! Based on these pics I can easily see why you fell for these stones. They look lovely. Hope you love it when you see it.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE these purple garnets. I put a deposit on the below rough with Jeff White a little over a month ago. I think it should be ready in about another month or so. It's so hard to be patient :angel:. I am happy to see this thread. I am trying to get an idea of how to set it. Oh, and Jeff estimates a 3.4 to 5.4 carat finished stone. The shape has been more or less left up to him.

_544.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
wow, aac2013, you are getting a nice big garnet! I heard from Jeff last week that he has started working on my pear :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- can't wait to see the roughs cut- how exciting!

I love everyone's purple garnets, thank you for sharing.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1445129858|3939420 said:
I LOVE these purple garnets. I put a deposit on the below rough with Jeff White a little over a month ago. I think it should be ready in about another month or so. It's so hard to be patient :angel:. I am happy to see this thread. I am trying to get an idea of how to set it. Oh, and Jeff estimates a 3.4 to 5.4 carat finished stone. The shape has been more or less left up to him.

Congrats! Jeff will cut an amazing stone for you. So curious to see what shape Jeff will choose for this stone.
Happy waiting :wavey:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you aac2013 and picante27!!! That garnet rough looks amazing and will produce an awesome stone. I would love to see a purple pear...can't wait!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
SapphireCats. I hope you join the PSer Purple Garnet club and get one of your own

2Neezers those Primagems Gems photos look great. Post some hand shots when they arrive

I'm loving my purple garnet set but so anxious to set my other two big ones. I'm still thinking of putting my Gene round in white gold with just a few diamond accents. And my Jordan Wilkins in 18kt gold. But I need to continue saving my pennies. I see in Yvonne Raley's sold items in Etsy that someone else had a sunflower ring made with purple garnet center and color change garnet petals. So that means I have a ring twin out there. Could it be another PSer? That would be fun

I'm so looking forward to seeing the stones that Jeff White is cutting for elle71125, picante27, and aac2013

Any more purple garnet additions out there?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
A few simple collages of our collective collection thus far

_34972.jpg

_34973.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have created such gorgeous collages!!! Our jewelry and stones look so great together :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Sungura- love the collage, and the thread! I'm the ring twin! Honestly, ever since you posted on my other thread with that combo- I was smitten! And then when you did the leaf-photos.... gah- I was a goner!! I am super excted. :dance:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Yay ApacheRose!!! I'm so happy you're my ring twin. I can't wait to see pictures of it on your hand. I know you are going to love it!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sungura! I know I will love it, too! I still can't get over that you created that combo yourself- you are really good! You do have to revisit my peach spinel musings and help me figure out something else when you think about it. But not too soon, I'm all out of money, lol.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I love the colors of my grape garnet studs. They are each 1.60 carats and well matched and eye clean. There are fingerprint inclusions when you look closely, but they are such a great color! I was thinking of having them set into a ring as side stones. Hmmm.. What would be a good choice for a center stone? I need to retake the picture, but the color is accurate. Still learning my new phone camera. Grrr.

grapegarnet.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Picante27 - :appl: I can't wait to see your finished stone.

Acinom - I am excited to see what Jeff chooses. If it turns out even remotely as beautiful as your stone, I will be happy.

Sungura- fantastic collage!

Everyone - gorgeous, keep posting these beauties!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RSargent|1445624615|3941394 said:
I love the colors of my grape garnet studs. They are each 1.60 carats and well matched and eye clean. There are fingerprint inclusions when you look closely, but they are such a great color! I was thinking of having them set into a ring as side stones. Hmmm.. What would be a good choice for a center stone? I need to retake the picture, but the color is accurate. Still learning my new phone camera. Grrr.

Oooh :love:
What a mesmerizing colour! I bet they look amazing as studs? What are the dimensions?

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! A true compliment from someone who loves color as you do! They are 7 mm rounds. Not sure of the depth. I am now a big purple garnet fan. :appl:

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Your garnets are beautiful.

Either blue-green or pink sapphire would be very pretty as the center stone. I was patting myself on the back for coming up with that when I scrolled up to the collage picture and saw Sungura's gorgeous sunflower and Katharath's beautiful stone next to her stackers. Those colors are what I had in mind.

Mahenge spinel should be gorgeous as a center stone.

Yvonne Raley is very good at combining colors in surprising (as in I wouldn't expect them to work) ways.

RSargent|1445624615|3941394 said:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
rsargent those studs are spectacular. What a luxury to have such large ones. I like the idea of side stones too. Please post more pictures when you are able

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thse are some of my rhololites. I just got the emerald cut one. I will make a band with those & the ovals. The new one i am paying off, its almosr 7 cte, dont know if it qualifies as purple, more of a burgundy., i will put it in a yellow gold bezel with diamonds around

_620.jpeg

_621.jpeg

_622.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results