shape
carat
color
clarity

PT Mahenge set

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I had started another thread a while back, asking about opinions for side stones for a 3-stone ring for this spinel. A nice preloved setting ended up listed, that I thought might work, and lo and behold, it did (with a bit of tweaking)! I am very happy to be able to look at this lovely stone on a more regular basis. :bigsmile:

Here are some quick iPhone shots, outside on a cloudy day, and various lighting inside. I'll need to get a diffused sunlight shot whenever the sun comes out.

Spinel is cut by Peter Torraca, 1.45ct., 5.55x6.65x4.5mm.

mahengering1.jpg

mahengering2.jpg

mahengering3.jpg

mahengering4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! The shape and size and colour all works together beautifully. It's like a cross between a split shank and a 3 stone baguette setting.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chrono! I am happy with how it turned out. I wasn't sure, at first, if it sat too high for my liking, but I've gotten more used to it since yesterday. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Good Morning, May I Take Your Order?"

ME: "Yes, I'll have two of those Mahenge rings - to go, please" :bigsmile:

It really looks amazing. Excellent job!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I remember your older post. The finished product looks great. Congratulations!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a piece of luck to find such a perfect setting for it on DB. It's gorgeous. What kind of tweaking did you have to do?

--- Laurie

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
God this is so gorgeous!!! I can haz??? ;-)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it for all the reasons Chrono has said. As for sitting high? It actually looks quite close to your hand so I was really surprised that you were concerned about the height. It's lovely!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minou, innerkitten, and erin!

Laurie - thanks! The spinel is a bit bottom heavy, so the metal needed some grinding, and the prongs needed to be split further, from what I gather(?).

Athena - ha! Get your own gorgeous Mahenge ring. Oh, wait a minute... ;-) (and thanks. :) )

LD - thanks! You are right, it's not really that high. Just a little different than I was used to. :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Glad the work could be done. It's a find, NKOTB! I keep coming back & drooling over it -- did I get it all slimy? :D

--- Laurie

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1352922338|3306536 said:
Glad the work could be done. It's a find, NKOTB! I keep coming back & drooling over it -- did I get it all slimy? :D

--- Laurie

Ha - not that I've noticed! I am lucky to have a guy who works with coloured stones so close to my work. He's certainly got his work cut out for him over the next while! :naughty: :lol:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
I like the setting so much better with the spinel. It looks wonderful. Its nice when things work out (with a little tweaking!)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Justin, wordie, derbygal, and herekittykitty!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so lovely!

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh me likey very much!! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! The setting is perfect!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely new home for a beautiful stone. Congratulations NKOTB I hope it gives you constant pleasure :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks IndyLady, Lisa, Sharon, woofmama, stargurl, AprilBaby, Rosebloom, rosetta, Laila, and Starzin (and yes, so far, so good on the "constant pleasure" thing). :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results