clarity

Pry it out of my cold dead hands

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Arkteia, I *love* your Alex ring. <3

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gotta say, it makes me really sad that some of you aren't selling some of yours because I've just been waiting with baited breath for some of them. ;-)

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I don't think I'd ever let go of a jade ring that I inherited from my mom, that was her mother's. The ring is over 100 yrs old now.

It was originally all 22k gold,with peacocks carved in the gold on each side of the marquise jade stone. Because of the softness of the gold, my mom had to have the shank redone in 14k and the jade shows wear plus the peacocks are worn enough that a lot of the detail is gone, but the feelings I get every time I see this ring couldn't be replaced. I doubt that it would bring much money anyway, so it's not like it's potential cash sitting in my jewelry box. My mom wore the ring a lot until her knuckles wouldn't allow it and she didn't want to have it sized up again. It's too big for my ring fingers, but most days I can get it on my pointer finger.

I'll try to get some good photos and post them.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1337918165|3203238 said:
Kismet, can you please explain the floating pendant to me? It is gorgeous!

The finished piece thread on it is here. And the in process/discussion thread is here.

It's a blue tourmaline bezel set in white gold which is set in a synthetic sapphire disc (actually a watch crystal) with a halo of bead set diamonds.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1337930556|3203365 said:
Gotta say, it makes me really sad that some of you aren't selling some of yours because I've just been waiting with baited breath for some of them. ;-)

Seriously!
On the other hand... think of all the goodies they DIDN'T list.. Like say...Arketia's gorgeous spinel ring from Hunt. :naughty:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now, THAT is a sapphire. It looks so blue it almost hurts.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Rae, MTG and Lady Disdain!

Rae, the alexandrite shows strong color shift, but for many of these stones, octagon cut does not work well. In my whole life, I saw only one Brazilian stone that was cushion-cut and the effect was fantastic.

MTG, you are so nice, as usual. Thank you for your kindness and support.

Lady Disdain, the color is very good, and the stone holds its color in different lights. For this color, I had to do with not-so-great cut and a crystal inclusion on the side. Hopefully, with help and advises from my fellows, I shall finally be able to set it.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1337946706|3203410 said:
NKOTB|1337918165|3203238 said:
Kismet, can you please explain the floating pendant to me? It is gorgeous!

The finished piece thread on it is here. And the in process/discussion thread is here.

It's a blue tourmaline bezel set in white gold which is set in a synthetic sapphire disc (actually a watch crystal) with a halo of bead set diamonds.

Thank you! It is a really great piece. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kismet for posting your threads - that is so cool! I love the use of the watch face to give it that magical floating look...very beautiful! (and the stone and diamonds aren't too shabby either!!!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet: you have two of my most favorite - the emerald and the seven fingers? eight fingers? stunning metalwork and opal - simply my all time favorite.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Loving this thread!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I was going to post, but I'm too superstitious . . . ::)

Knock on wood, salt over my shoulder, spit, spit, spit.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1337930556|3203365 said:

Same here! Is it wrong to say that I've always been waiting for Freke's peridot necklace? :naughty: Sad to see it in the "keep" pile but I understand why!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW Freke!! You have the most amazing collection! All of those lavender stones are gorgeous!!! :love:

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sad because I have literally just lost some of the pieces I never wanted to part with due to not being able to get them out of hock before time ran out. I lost my high school class ring my mother bought me, my awesome yellow sapphire and diamond rhr I bought myself a few years ago, the heart-shaped citrine and diamond halo ring I got for a birthday present 7 years ago, and the platinum and diamond wedding band I was planning to sell for way more than I got for everything together. These were all (except the wedding band) things I only pawned as a last resort. It's really sad. What a waste. But I did manage to hang on to a white gold white zircon ring my grandmother made, a yellow gold bow ring I bought when my daughter started kindergarten many years ago, my grandmother's tiny wedding band from 1934, and a couple of other very sentimental pieces. I'm sad but it's only stuff, right? One day I will get more.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Rowan, so sad. I sincerely wish that fortune turns its face to you, that things look better for you. Best of luck, it must be hard, and I wish you all the best.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rowan! that is so sad to hear of your pawn shop story. I'm sorry that life took such a turn that you had to sell your items --- I guess you are right, it is all just 'stuff' and hopefully whatever caused the pawn shop event, has resolved. Hoping the best for you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry Rowan. ;( I hope things will improve for you and your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My emeralds.

cheers--Sharon

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I *think* this is my list - but for the right price, I'll sell anything (get yer minds outta the gutter!)

vint emerald.png

ggaqua.png

mahenge shot.png

ring necklace.png

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really only have a couple of pieces that I would never sell, one is my 5 stone wedding band, my pink tourmaline (i freaking love the color of this thing) and my russian lab alex and oh yea a glass birthstone ring my Mom bought for me when I was 12 and I guess 1 more, my original wedding band, other then that all the rest of my stuff is fair game to sell.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Its funny, the only piece I would never sell..is probably the one with the least amount of value. My Mother gave me her College Graduation ring...and, some other ring that my Grandmother had given her. I had the stone taken out of her ring, we used some gold from the extra ring, and my local jeweler created this ring for me to wear with an Onyx cab. This was my first piece, and right when I started getting interested in gemstones. So it has sentimental value. Now that I am "into" gemstones, I keep thinking of how I want to take that Onyx out and replace it with something more interesting. I actually thought of trying to incorporate either her birthstone (garnet) or use Dad's birthstone (emerald) in her ring as a way to honor them both. So I have a cabbed Emerald in the back of my head, but Im thinking even a cabbed Emerald willl be out of my price range for this ring, as the Onyx is something like 14x10 or something like that...forget the dimensions and Im not wearing it now to check.

If I were robbed and the robber only had enough time to take one ring, this one, or my 14K ring I had made with 3 bezel set diamonds....that diamond ring would go! haha. Can't put a price on Sentimental value.

ring.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that sentimentality wins out almost every time! For me, its the two rings I remember from my Grandmother and Great Grandmother - there are pictures of them both around on PS somewhere; I'm too lazy to figure out where though!

toosamom

Rough_Rock
I am a small time collector that has gotten my husband interested in gemstones too. So, because we have just begun our adventure with gemstones, we don't have a lot of stones that we have gotten set. In addition, as you all know, it takes a lot of money to set everything, and there are some stones that you many not want to set. I would hold on to my wedding rings. I have a platinum Diamond and Sapphire ring that my grandparents gave me as a gift after graduation Grad School. I have one tanzanite that started my passion for gems. It is so beautiful. I do have one morganite that I really like because it reminds me somehow of water the way the light moves through it. It is so pretty. I'm sorry I don't have photos. I'm new to this forum. I hope you all will embrace me, and that I find a happy gem-loving home here! I have a lot to learn.

toosamom

Rough_Rock
Athenaworth, I really love the aqua ring that you have. The cutting almost makes it looks like it has petals in it like a flower. I also love the setting on that and on the Mahenge spinal too. Who do you use to find semi-mounts or to get them set.? They are so beautiful! Where did you get your stones too?

I also like this jeweljunke's yellow sapphire ring! Where did you find that setting?

Lastly, I really like colorluvr's Mahenge spinel ring! It looks like I need to look into these Mahenge spinels! Where did you get your setting colorluvr?

aquaring.png

mahenge shot.png

819 (2).JPG

AS Mahenge spinel1.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah MB, I didn't even list my sentimental stuff. My ering, my mom's rings, my dad's wedding band, my mom's turquoise (I don't want to know how many carats there are total), my wedding band, my sapphire 3/4 eternity, my soon to arrive old cut half eternity (my 30th birthday present to myself), my birthstone ring from my 13th birthday (diamond chip!), my sapphire breast cancer ring, my mom's pink tourmaline ring, my mom's onyx and opal ring (gift from my dad's mom to my mom), my mom's college and high school rings...etc.

I figured this thread would bring out some of the most amazing jewelry around here. Glad to see I was right!

Some of my more sentimental pieces...

IMG_9390 freke.jpg

IMG_9311.JPG

DSCN0635 freke.jpg

IMG_9868 freke.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
toosamom|1338697829|3208173 said:
Lastly, I really like colorluvr's Mahenge spinel ring! It looks like I need to look into these Mahenge spinels! Where did you get your setting colorluvr?

Thank you! I got the setting from Andrew Sarosi. They usually have a booth at the larger Intergem shows. I've linked their site showing the shows they will be attending for the remainder of this year. My setting had a champagne diamond in it when I first saw it, but fortunately it was exactly the size I needed for my Mahenge so I didn't need to have another one made. http://www.andrewsarosi.com/

catia

Shiny_Rock
****Makingthegrade***
Would you kindly post a link to your thread on the ring/setting in your avatar--the star sapphire?
I tried to search your posts & find it, but there are so many, & i can't find it. I really wanna see more pics.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
catia|1338741496|3208324 said:
****Makingthegrade***
Would you kindly post a link to your thread on the ring/setting in your avatar--the star sapphire?
I tried to search your posts & find it, but there are so many, & i can't find it. I really wanna see more pics.
I'm all too familiar with MTG's threads, so I went through and dug them out for you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/star-sapphire-information.150038/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/violet-star-sapphire-photos.150649/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/star-sapphire-ring-finished.152235/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-tourm-pendant-mint-garnets-pictures.152231/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reset-star-sapphire-ring-from-sally-photos.157470/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sally-pieces-are-done.157445/

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha , thanks Freke.
Yeah...you can tell how much I like that stone based on how many threads/photos it has... Heh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results