clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Re:

lvzhiqiao|1379451393|3522480 said:
part gypsy|1379444064|3522428 said:
Wowza! Are you sure you didn't steal it from a museum or something?
This ring is individualized,I first bought a stone from my jeweler, and then find someone to set.

You have far too many. You need to donate some to the poor souls of PS:CS (meeeeeeee!)

carmen1

Shiny_Rock

This ring is individualized,I first bought a stone from my jeweler, and then find someone to set.

HOLY MOLY, you really took "SHOW ME YOUR EMERALDS" to another level! Are those all yours? Because I would gladly take one of the sad, neglected, non-favorites off of your hands (literally, any of the emeralds on your hands would be fine :naughty: ) And I will hug it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and even name it George :love: Really amazing ring and collection!

lvzhiqiao

Rough_Rock

carmen1|1379457940|3522536 said:

HOLY MOLY, you really took "SHOW ME YOUR EMERALDS" to another level! Are those all yours? Because I would gladly take one of the sad, neglected, non-favorites off of your hands (literally, any of the emeralds on your hands would be fine :naughty: ) And I will hug it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and even name it George :love: Really amazing ring and collection!
I only bought the first two rings , others is belong to my jeweler. The carat is too smaller but the color is beautiful.

lvzhiqiao

Rough_Rock

carmen1|1379457940|3522536 said:

"George"is a good name, I love it . May be I need to give a name to the ring .

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lvzhiqiao,
You have very drool worthy emeralds. :love:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I just thought I'd stop by and have some tea with the colored stone folks :wavey:

I picked up this little untreated emerald after I fell in love with Athenaworth's pretty little emerald.
It was such a delight when I got this little bauble in the mail!

emer1.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
would it be greedy of me to say I want yours too?? :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sipping tea, nibbling on scones and resting the eyes on green gems. :))

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1379889400|3525394 said:
would it be greedy of me to say I want yours too?? :love: :love:

Not greedy - just human! I love both of your stones!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Picked this one up from the Green Gem Foundation / Thomas Janstrom. Completely natural. Picture is from the original listing.

asscher-janstrom-0055-wucc-3.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock
There are some Amazing emeralds here! :love:

I'll be starting a thread on my newly-mounted emerald soon, purchased about 3 years back from Dana at Mastercut Gems. As soon as the stupid thing sits still and cooperates with my camera! Mounted by IDJ.

This is just a blurry teaser pic! :bigsmile:

emerald_neck2.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me feel het up :wacko:
I want an emerald so I can join in the fun.

menyenye

Rough_Rock
With all the gorgeousness that's been posted on this thread, it is only right that I share some of my (by "my", I mean my mom's-hands-me-down) share of my Colombian beauties. Disclaimer: I'm a grown twenty-something man. If you find beautiful gems on non-feminine hairy fingers unappetizing, AVERT YOUR EYES. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

img_1166.jpg
BEAUTEOUS 3.69ct Colombian Emerald with minimal oiling. Slight blue feel about it (in fact, the certificate indicates bluish-green coloration). The surrounding diamonds are round brilliants and pear brilliants. I can honestly say that picture does no justice to the glow and magnificence of this Colombian specimen. The 'Jardin' in this rock works like the vein that gives life to its vibrancy. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ROCK, ROCKS. Mom acquired this handsome kryptonite whilst she was touring in the South Americas. Certificate from the ever reputable AGL.

Here's a few more of me over-whoring my baby like Kris Jenner would:
img_1168.jpg
img_1171.jpg
img_1173.jpg

Here's my very own colombian. Not as fine a specimen, but still gorge nevertheless:
img_0950.jpg

Here's next to my ma's ring. Its like Kourtney and Khloe standing next to each other. Both have their strengths. I prefer Kourtney tho.
img_1165.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding?! I don't find beautiful emeralds on any hands -- or none at all -- distasteful. They're beautiful -- how did you manage to luck out with a mother who shares her emeralds? I asked for a gem-owning mother but the jewel gods said, "Get your own!"

Sharon, your cross makes me cross my eyes. Magnif!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah, my hands are as hairy as yours, meaning yours look really good. :lol: Looks like you took those pictures in a jewellery store?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1381751044|3537397 said:
Are you kidding?! I don't find beautiful emeralds on any hands -- or none at all -- distasteful. They're beautiful -- how did you manage to luck out with a mother who shares her emeralds? I asked for a gem-owning mother but the jewel gods said, "Get your own!"

Sharon, your cross makes me cross my eyes. Magnif!

--- Laurie

This exactly! I keep telling people that I am a trust fund baby; my rightful trust fund family has just not stepped forward to claim me yet...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1379965984|3525811 said:

I'll be starting a thread on my newly-mounted emerald soon, purchased about 3 years back from Dana at Mastercut Gems. As soon as the stupid thing sits still and cooperates with my camera! Mounted by IDJ.

iLander: I love that pendant! I definitely want to see lots more photos when you have it in hand. Gah!

periwinkle

Rough_Rock
menyenye, those emerald rings are gorgeous!! especially your mother's ring! :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

where is the drool emoticon? :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings. I think I prefer Courtney too! I love that the side gems are bezeled.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, do you have occasion to wear those rings often? They are definitely glowy and huge!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1381779879|3537641 said:
iLander|1379965984|3525811 said:

iLander: I love that pendant! I definitely want to see lots more photos when you have it in hand. Gah!

Oh, I've had it for about a month. But the stupid thing keeps showing up blue in my photos! :rolleyes: It's kelly green :mrgreen: as can be, in real life, but the stupid thing looks like an indicolite :sick: in my pics. I'm going to have to try using DH's big camera, which is a pain.

menyenye

Rough_Rock
@Chrono: Yeah, I took it at a jewelry store that my cousin runs. But the gems I'm showing here are of my mom's. Just got a few of them routinely cleaned. I dare not mess around with emeralds when it comes to cleaning. They're a fussy bunch!

@perwinkle: Thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lucky you that you have ties to gem trade and get to see so many jewellery up close. You are also correct that emeralds are not to be cleaned in the usual way such as steam or ultrasonic. Beautiful emeralds and I guess it's true that green is the colour of envy. :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new emeralds, perfectly matched pair of cushion-shaped darlings (with minor oil)!! :love: :love:

matched_pair_emeralds.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results