shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help find an emerald cut Blue Zircon

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
my mom is looking for an emerald cut blue zircon for a ring. As big and well cut as possible, under 1,000.00. She likes the color of Acinom's zircon, she wants it to be as turquoisey as possible (ala pariba tourmaline :naughty: ) Any thoughts on this one from gemline? (2nd to last row, all the way right). Thank you!

http://www.gemfix.com/zircon_blue.html#thumb

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff White still has blue zircon roughs, this is pic of two recent completed stones, one of them an EC cut stone, surrounded by roughs!

jwbluezircons_774910_922022044479457_2684040993265296929_o.jpg

DK :))

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1425991013|3844815 said:
Jeff White still has blue zircon roughs, this is pic of two recent completed stones, one of them an EC cut stone, surrounded by roughs!

jwbluezircons_774910_922022044479457_2684040993265296929_o.jpg

oh wow, thanks! I have always admired jeff white's stones. It will be hard for me not to steal this ring :angel:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
My advice for zircon - spend a bit more money and buy a stone like the one in the Jeff White pic - many cheap ebay vendor offer nice colored but the cutting quality and esp. how the treat them after cutting ( all together in one bag) is terrible. To put two zircon or with other gems together is a NO GO!!! They damage each other, they are not soft but brittle!!!

And you see everything in an EC!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy search LuckyKellyK :wavey:

The zircons from Jeff White seem very very promising! Ah, to own a Jeff White stone :love: :love:
I would also recommend reaching out to Jeff Davies.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites|1426013938|3845090 said:
Do let us know what you decide :)
I will, and post many photos of the ring. I think we are leaning toward a 3 stone with diamond trap side stones.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426014698|3845103 said:

The zircons from Jeff White seem very very promising! Ah, to own a Jeff White stone :love: :love:

Thanks Acinom! (Monica? ;-) )
I agree with you, jeff Davies is one of my favorites too. He cut your zircon, right?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LuckyKelleyK|1426014877|3845108 said:
Acinom|1426014698|3845103 said:

Thanks Acinom! (Monica? ;-) )
I agree with you, jeff Davies is one of my favorites too. He cut your zircon, right?

Whahaha! The name 'Monica' was already taken here on PS. I'm impressed you made the connection 8-)
Jeff Davies indeed cut mine. He regularly offers zircons and has a good customer service and return period.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone happen to know how long it usually takes for Jeff White to return an email?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my initial emails land in JW's junk folder a few times, for some reason, so I think it took at least a few weeks or longer in the past, until he figures that out.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LuckyKelleyK|1426035142|3845262 said:
Does anyone happen to know how long it usually takes for Jeff White to return an email?

He is usually quite quick in responding to e-mails, unless he is away from base on business or holiday.

Perhaps try posting a message on his FB page?

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
Jeff White is in the process of cutting an Ascher cut blue zircon for me. It took a couple of weeks for us to finalize the details, he would take a few days between emails and he wasn't sure he had a rough in the size I hoped for that would cut to an Ascher. But he found something in his stash that I am hoping will be nice, but probably not as large as I was initially looking for. Since you want an elongated cut, he may have more rough than I could choose from. I hope it works out for you, his step cuts are amazing and I found his pricing very reasonable for zircon.

I will start a new thread as soon as soon as it is finished so you can see it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lucky - I bought this zircon in January from Roger Dery of Spectral Gems. I think he may have a round Zircon listed on Loupe Troop now. Mine is a beautiful stone and a lovely cut. I have not yet set it. It actually is more beautiful in real life. And Roger is terrific. I also bought a yellow sapphire asscher from Jeff White and it is amazing too. Check both of them out. Jeff Davies also has some nice Zircons.

zirconblueasscher_4_39ct_0.jpg

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Thank you caf! Your zircon is beautiful!

Wildcatz, I can't wait to see your asscher.

It looks like Jeff White has a perfect rough for us. I am so excited! I am so jealous of my mom, haha.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I love it. :D

Jeff White will do a great job for you. My sapphire is amazing. Perfect I dare say. Have him send you a pic of the rough. It is a fun thing to have to compare to what you end up with. Best of luck.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
caf|1426051785|3845393 said:
Thanks. I love it. :D

Jeff White will do a great job for you. My sapphire is amazing. Perfect I dare say. Have him send you a pic of the rough. It is a fun thing to have to compare to what you end up with. Best of luck.

Great idea! Thanks :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! It's great that Jeff has the perfect rough for you! I cannot wait to see the outcome and the rough to cut gem pics. Any ideas on settings for your mom's ring?

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
LuckyKelleyK|1426050864|3845389 said:

It looks like Jeff White has a perfect rough for us. I am so excited! I am so jealous of my mom, haha.

How exciting that you are getting a Jeff White stone too!

How is he going to cut it?

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426066875|3845422 said:
Ah! It's great that Jeff has the perfect rough for you! I cannot wait to see the outcome and the rough to cut gem pics. Any ideas on settings for your mom's ring?

Yep, here is our inspiration pic. I know this ring belongs to a PSer.

emarald_cut_with_trap.jpg

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
wildcatz|1426082732|3845518 said:
LuckyKelleyK|1426050864|3845389 said:

How exciting that you are getting a Jeff White stone too!

How is he going to cut it?

its going to be emerald cut, approximately 7mmx10mm

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember that setting and it's so elegant!!! Great choice!
Are you still enjoying your Montana with diamond sugar ring :love:

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426086986|3845548 said:

Yes, I love my Montana! However, I'm always dreaming of the next project. My transitional dream ring is going to be further in the future so I'm excited I get to work on this project with my mom to distract me :)

How about you? I'm dying to know what is next on the horizon for you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LuckyKelleyK|1426092524|3845589 said:

Yes, I love my Montana! However, I'm always dreaming of the next project. My transitional dream ring is going to be further in the future so I'm excited I get to work on this project with my mom to distract me :)

It's really nice to do this together with your mom and share the fun! Hopefully you will not have to wait too long to realise your transitional project.
And yes, I can completely relate to the NP (Next Project) syndrom :lol:
This week I can hopefully pay a visit to my jeweller in Antwerp to pick up a RG Amethyst ring by BE and a RG ring by David Klass. And David will make the drawings for a yellow beryl ring. And I am eyeing stones for a stacking set. My green cab Paraiba stone will not be set for a while because the euro to dollar conversion is not quite beneficial for European citizens.
I a so banned after this!!! :twisted:

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426177394|3846093 said:
LuckyKelleyK|1426092524|3845589 said:

It's really nice to do this together with your mom and share the fun! Hopefully you will not have to wait too long to realise your transitional project.
And yes, I can completely relate to the NP (Next Project) syndrom :lol:
This week I can hopefully pay a visit to my jeweller in Antwerp to pick up a RG Amethyst ring by BE and a RG ring by David Klass. And David will make the drawings for a yellow beryl ring. And I am eyeing stones for a stacking set. My green cab Paraiba stone will not be set for a while because the euro to dollar conversion is not quite beneficial for European citizens.
I a so banned after this!!! :twisted:

ooh I love amethyst in rose gold! Can't wait to see it. Funny you mention David Klass. It's so strange, I emailed him in the past inquiring about a baguette and round band. I got one email back asking what size I wanted, and no response after that. It wasn't such a huge deal because at the time I was just getting an idea of prices. However, I emailed him this time for a quote for my moms ring and have not received a response. It doesn't seem like the communication is that good! It really kind of turns me off, as communication is really important to me.

ETA: Jeff White is backed up right now so we will have to wait 10-12 weeks for the cutting to be complete. It's so hard to be patient! It will be worth it though :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no :confused: Sorry to hear about your experience with DK! My experience is that he is very responsive till sofar.
Have you made a choice about a different designer yet?

Waiting for Jeff's stone will be very long lesson in patience, but a very rewarding one! I am so looking forward to see the end result.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426189553|3846186 said:
Oh no :confused: Sorry to hear about your experience with DK! My experience is that he is very responsive till sofar.
Have you made a choice about a different designer yet?

Waiting for Jeff's stone will be very long lesson in patience, but a very rewarding one! I am so looking forward to see the end result.

I have contacted ID jewelry and Mark from BE as well. I obviously have some time to work it out. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results