shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink star quartz and japser cat's eye

uber

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine is being offered 2 huge stones. These stones are from the jeweler's old stock (some 20 or so yrs ago).

1. Rose star - 1883cts
2. Jasper cat's eye (that's what the seller called it) - 972cts

We don't really know anything about them but some of you are experts here for sure.

I tried searching google but i can't seem to grasp the price of huge stones like these.

Is $1,500 each a fair price?

_27072.jpg

_27073.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$3K is a lot of money - do you know they are not synthetic? The "Jasper" looks like a chrysoberyl cats eye, but also looks like it could be synthetic. I, too have no idea how to price large stones. Can you check prices on ebay? There is also a Facebook group called "Whats it Worth?" and you could ask there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/316834611730004/

I guess my bottom line would be what would I do with them being so large? If your friend has a good idea what to do with them, can verify their composition and thinks at the end of the day they are a fair price, then go for it. I personally would save my money! :praise:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The cat eye could be Selenite - to large for sillimanite, apatite and quarz cat eye. Glass could be to but I see some dark Inclusion.

You def. need a report for this item.

The rose quarz - the offer many large ( and better ) star rose quarze balls ( madagascar) in shows - some with a fantastic clarity and beautiful stars. 1500 is def. not cheap.But actually I don't know the price per gramm.

uber

Rough_Rock
@ minous - my friend won't buy them, just curious :) not really know what to do with such huge stones. Thanks for the link! Will definitely check it out. Might learn something new :cheeky:

@ marlow - i have yet to see the stones in person. My friend was the one who saw them and took photos. Thanks for the info shared!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results