shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink spinel ring!

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago I posted here asking for some advice about a pink spinel I ordered from Roger Dery. Well I decided it was The One ;-) and here is where we are now.... Middle of Ring production. Went to the jeweler today and got some pictures. I'm excited about how it's looking so far. Once he's done working on the stones then he'll work on the double claw prongs and the details. Can't wait!

Question: if it were you would you have the curved sides of the ring start from underneath the top (halo) area of just how it is right now? image_1760.jpg

image_1761.jpg

image_1763.jpg

image_1764.jpg

image_1765.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would tuck the end of the shank under the halo so you can't see where it ends.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I would tick it also. I have a halo that I've posted in SMTB with a tucked shank

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1401146234|3680579 said:
I would tick it also. I have a halo that I've posted in SMTB with a tucked shank

Thanks! Sorry for the ignorance but what is SMTB? Newbie here...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucked under the halo and also have the basket (and stone) sit lower, which reduces a top heavy spin and also less likelihood of the stone being knocked about or getting caught in things.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucking the shank under would definitely make it more elegant. I also wonder if the basket looks big for the stone because the stone is sitting high and whether it would look better lower down?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results