shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Spinel Ring- Meet "Big Pink."

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass switched out my 5 carat Andalusite from my Andy ring for this 4.6 carat pink spinel and I just recieved it today. The setting is platinum with .17 carats of side diamonds. Sorry Andy......... :(

I was very happy that the andalusite did not chip or scratch during the process. :)

The specs on the spinel is that it is 4.6 carats, portuguese cut, that AIGS designates as "pink/purple" in color. It has some minor inclusions that I cannot see with my naked eye but are visible when magnified. In the second picture you can see one tiny mineral surface inclusion at the 7 o'clock mark, and also some bubble inclusions and iron staining. The stone is a bit lighter than David's pictures and has flashes of peach and violet in most lighting. I think I am going to call this ring "Big Pink." lol

4_94.jpg

4_95.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Pink looks great in the setting!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono! She is my "gumball machine" ring. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Pink looks amazing. What a gorgeous ring :love: :love: :love:
Enjoy wearing your ring :wavey: q
How luxurious to receive two really beautiful (re)new(ed) rings.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE BIG PINK!!! Perfect name, as she has a perfect bright pink color :) Enjoy and I want to see tons more hand pics!

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh myyyyyy goodness :love: I love it!! Spinels are my favorite and that one is so beautiful! Is it ok for me to ask where you got it? I also really love the setting. I'm going to have to keep David Klass in mind for setting my gems down the road. Thank you for sharing Big Pink with us. I bet you are just staring at her all day!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow LisaRN Big Pink is gorgeous. And while i do like Andy, I like Big Pink in this setting better. I too look forward to seeing her on your hand. How luxurious to own such a large and lovely spinel

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arabella|1440795371|3920488 said:
Ohhhhhhhh myyyyyy goodness :love: I love it!! Spinels are my favorite and that one is so beautiful! Is it ok for me to ask where you got it? I also really love the setting. I'm going to have to keep David Klass in mind for setting my gems down the road. Thank you for sharing Big Pink with us. I bet you are just staring at her all day!

Of course you can ask where I got it! :) I bought this one from Tan. He is on our list of recommended vendors.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow I love it!! Can I ask the dimensions of the stone? Your on a roll!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for all the nice comments! :) Here are some pics from my Iphone. David did an awesome job photographing the ring in artificial light. My Iphone pics aren't the best, but I wanted to capture the stone in low natural light and bright sunlight to capture all it's colors for those contemplating a pink spinel in the future. So here goes.........

Dimensions of the stone are 10.78 x 9.15 x 6.57

Bright sunlight:
046_0.jpg

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring LisaRN! The stone is gorgeous and the setting suits it very well.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
LisaRN -- Well I'm going to have to ask Tan to hunt me down a similar one then! :mrgreen: I am swooning over yours! :love: Thank you for sharing all of these pictures

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks PERFECT in this setting!! Congrats on a successful unsetting and setting. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results