shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink sapphire eternity band in rose gold or white gold?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am having a pink sapphire eternity band made and can't decide between rose gold and white gold. Thoughts? I'll be wearing it with my white gold diamond eternity band. The diamond band has .15 point stones and the sapphires will be the same size....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1293380832|2806260 said:
I am having a pink sapphire eternity band made and can't decide between rose gold and white gold. Thoughts? I'll be wearing it with my white gold diamond eternity band. The diamond band has .15 point stones and the sapphires will be the same size....

Well it depends if you like to match or have contrasting pieces of jewellery together. I have doubts about matching it with a w/gold ring. My preference would be w/gold so that the only difference is the pink sapphires but then I'm not a lover of rose gold in general. The other thing you have to watch is that pink sapphires can be quite a strong coloured pink - rose gold can have copper tones so you end up with a pink/orangie looking combo. Eeeek! I have a w/gold ring with rose gold holding pink diamonds and the rose gold looks too orange/brassy to me and isn't asthetically pleasing but then I'm highly colour sensitive where gold is concerned!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmm, that's a good point LovingDiamonds. I don't think I'd be happy if the ring/stones took on an orangey tone. Maybe white gold is the safer choice. I wish I could see what they would look like side by side.

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
hey yenny fire! I could take a couple of pics for you. We just had my husbands' grandmothers' stones set in a rose gold bezel, and I also have a white gold pink sapphire/diamond eternity band. Let me know what combo you'd like to see and i can take some quick photos.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
This isn't the best example but I hope it helps w/ metal color:

band_Pink_sapphirewg.jpg

band_Pinksapphire_4273rg.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Disney bride. I'd love to see your white gold/pink sapphire combo as well as the recent reset if it's not too much trouble.

Pixies, thanks for the photos...if I use those as my guide, I think I'll be going with wg! I think ld was right that the contrast between my diamond eternity in wg and a pink sapphire in rose gold would be too much for me.

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
i take really sucky pictures, lol...but here ya go...hope it helps! The first photo is my wedding set..my new rose gold band set with .15ers...my husbands grandma's stones, and my white gold wedding ring. I wanted to show you the contrast between the two. I happen to like this combo.

fjknilfewifrw.jpg

DSCN3652.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all boils down to the colour of the sapphires and the rose gold itself. Not all rose gold have the same shade – some are more coppery and some are a faint blush colour. Also, pale pink sapphires will only look brownish in white gold and will be stronger coloured in rose gold. A strongly coloured pink sapphire will look great in white gold. KWIM?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good point Chrono. I guess I'll ask the jeweler to show me samples of his rose gold once he's sourced the sapphires so that I can make an informed decision. This is the first time I've had a custom piece made with colored stones, so it's a little daunting. With my diamond eternity band, it was pretty straightforward...I knew that I wanted excellent cut, G color, .15 stones set in a white gold shared prong setting....thanks for all of the help!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you are having the ring made locally, make an appointment with your jeweler to take a look at the colored stones with the different color metals. I've done this on several projects, and the choice has always been pretty obvious in person. So, I think you can relax about this project. :)) Remember to take along any jewelry that you might be wearing with the new ring.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I think its a just a personal preference - i really like rose gold bands mixed with white gold, but i dont really like yellow gold mixed with white....

ANyways, rose gold with pink sapphires is divine, just make sure its a 'pinky' rose! and if you havent seen it here's a link to Purpleshirts thread on her BGD pink sapphire and diamond rose gold band, she mixes it with white gold bands. I :love: this look a lot and hope to emulate it one day :cheeky:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-pink-sapphire-diamond-3-4-eternity-band-in-rose-gold.148789/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-pink-sapphire-diamond-3-4-eternity-band-in-rose-gold.148789/[/URL]

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the link Blackpaw! That is EXACTLY what I'd want mine to look like. I'll print it out and take it with me to the jeweler, along with the eternity band I plan to pair it with (that he made)....

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay! im so glad, its a beautiful look :love: let us know how it all goes of course!

stci

Ideal_Rock
White white white please!!!!!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results