shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Pink sapphire e-ring is DONE!!!! Woo Hoo! Pics inside

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
First of all, I want to thank everyone who contributed to the original stone-choice thread. Even though I didn't end up picking the overall favorite (stunning asscher yellow sapphire), it really helped to think it through.

I ended up with the light pink sapphire and halo'd it. Here are the photos!!!! It's overcast and late...

img_7303.jpg

img_7308.jpg

img_7318.jpg

img_7305.jpg

img_7321.jpg

img_7304.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's beautiful!!

I love you're choice to leave out the cup. And the prongs look lovely.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Niel, thank you so much! I had it redone to remove the cup and fix the prongs. The stone is now true to color instead of looking "salmon-y" and "fuzzy". Something about the cup made the stone less crisp looking, as though the facets were muddy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sweet, hope it all worked out for you. And such beautiful hands!!!!!! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the yellow Asscher, but now that I see your ring, I think you made the right choice. Once you haloed the pink sapphire, it no longer blends with your skin, and the color pops but is still delicate and pretty. I love it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it really only pink? It looks like a padparadscha. Enjoy your ring, it's lovey.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Swissmiss - it is GORGEOUS!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

The stone's color is so beautiful and delicate, and the workmanship on the ring looks great. I really like the stone in the halo, especially with the more open crown. Enjoy and congrats!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's just beautiful. Great choice! It's so feminine & delicate & looks luxurious, all at once. I wish it were mine! :love:

--- Laurie

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Sharon, thanks for the compliment. Small hands make everything look bigger, which is good for the SO's wallet :lol:

pregcurious, I did second-guess myself a couple of times for letting the asscher go...! Thanks for the validation ;-)

TL, I wish it were a pad! :loopy: The stone darkened considerably when set. Out of the setting it just looks pink, and more of a blue-toned pink than a pad-ish salmony pink. I think the little bit of rose gold is casting a coppery tone within the stone.

endless_summer, thanks!!! It's surprisingly comfortable for being a u-prong.

JewelFreak and indigoblue thanks for the lovely compliments!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love the color of your pink sapphire.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Excellent choice on the color, I think you'll like the pink for years to come. The yellow I think would have gotten on your nerves after a while.

Love that it's a delicate pink.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! I looked back at your old thread and I'm really glad they removed the (bizarre) rose gold basket-- I agree that the stone is much prettier without a shell of rose gold on the back. Congratulations to you and your new fiance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An improvement over the last time. :appl: Enjoy your new lovely e-ring.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this. I didn't think it was bad before, but it's awesome now!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! It looks so beautiful! You definitely made the right choice.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Mico, marcy, quaxie, thank you!!!

minous, I am really happy with how it turned out this time :)

yorkgirl, I'm especially happy that the prongs are not crooked!!! :tongue:

iLander, thank you so much! I am definitely glad I went with pink instead of yellow, since the former suits my skin tone better and "goes" with more of my wardrobe.

chloeishere, like you, I am SO glad that I pushed to remove the rose gold basket. I'm so much happier with how it came out now.

Chrono, thank you also for contributing to the last thread - it helped us communicate with the vendor better.

velouriaL, you're right, it wasn't at all bad before... it's just better now!!! :twirl:

FC, thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swissmiss,
You are welcome. Seeing posters over the moon with their purchases is all the thanks I need. :wavey:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
The pink was a fantastic choice. The dainty pink and halo have lovely concinnity. Congrats!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Swissmiss: What a beautiful ring! Lovely shade of pink, not overly saturated or pale at all, but a nice mix that looks delicate and beautiful in all lighting conditions.

I also like the proportions of the ring on your finger, with some room to play with for future bands ;)) Maybe a mix of diamond and pink sapphire, or one pink sapphire band in front and a diamond one behind in the same style. Would add some more tasteful bling :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the shade of pink and I love the delicate halo :love: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous ring. Your sapphire is such a delicate, lovely shade of pink. Love the shape of the stone, too. :wavey:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!! Congrats on your engagement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results