shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy with Tsav Reset

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone, I thought I'd share Peachy's reset with you. Previously, she was in a three-stone ring with pear orangy cognac FCD sides. The combo worked for a while, but I became dissatistied with the lack of contrast between the center and side stones. They seemed to blend in most lighting, especially once set with the 14K YG head.

I am planning on a three-stone setting with an 18K YG head to help tie in all of the stones.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them! :))

Center Stone: 2.56 Peachy Gray diamond (Cleftless heart)
Sidestones: Pear tsavorites @ .75 cts each

peachytsavindoors.JPG

peachytsavindirect.JPG

peachytsavdirectsun.JPG

peachystsavshade.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's nice to see Peachy again! :wavey:

My concern isn't about the colour but the actual durability of the ring. If you use Tsav's as side stones, you'll need to baby the ring (like Pandora does with her engagement ring). So, laying aside the colour question, is this going to be an every day ring? If yes, then I wouldn't use the Tsavs. If no, then go for it.

If you want super durability, how about black diamond sides?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
That diamond is just amazing! The side stones - in size, shape and colour - make the combo have a floral feel. I do think they work well, and I can see why you'd choose this look over the previous three-stone setting. I dunno if I might be tempted to have Peachy set on her own: to make her unusual shape and colours the sole focus of attention.

Either way it will be a gorgeous piece :love:

PS. there's something in me saying "lavender side stones"...! I don't think I have a logical reason for this, but it's a gut thing...? :twirl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natsplat|1310941514|2970981 said:
That diamond is just amazing! The side stones - in size, shape and colour - make the combo have a floral feel. I do think they work well, and I can see why you'd choose this look over the previous three-stone setting. I dunno if I might be tempted to have Peachy set on her own: to make her unusual shape and colours the sole focus of attention.

PS. there's something in me saying "lavender side stones"...! I don't think I have a logical reason for this, but it's a gut thing...? :twirl:

That's exactly what I'd do! Peachy should have centre stage!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Peachy is beautiful! I think the point about the durability is important. What about light blue spinels (similar saturation and tone to Peachy)? I think they would provide great contrast since blue is opposite to peach on the color wheel. I also like the suggestion of lavendar--there are lavendar spinels available also. Spinels also would have a high RI, and be very durable.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Peachy is beautiful! Love her w/the tsavs, love the color combination. The point about durability's a good one, though, and I went nuts at the idea of lavender spinels, wow!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1310941486|2970980 said:
It's nice to see Peachy again! :wavey:

My concern isn't about the colour but the actual durability of the ring. If you use Tsav's as side stones, you'll need to baby the ring (like Pandora does with her engagement ring). So, laying aside the colour question, is this going to be an every day ring? If yes, then I wouldn't use the Tsavs. If no, then go for it.

If you want super durability, how about black diamond sides?

Nice to see you too, LD! :wavey:

I didn't consider the tsav's durability, so that is definitely something I will have to think about. Although I like to switch up my rings everyday, so I probably won't wear her no more than once or twice a week.

Oooh black diamonds sound intruiging, but where in the world would I buy them?

Thanks for the suggestions!

ETA: Thanks Athena!! :))

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1310941514|2970981 said:

Thank you Natsplat! I'm really glad you like the combo because it took me a while to find the right size tsav pairs. You know, I never considered lavender...now you got me curious. I do have a lavender spinel, so I'll put them side-to-side to see how they look together.

Awesome suggestions, and now I am considering what she will look like in a solitaire or halo.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1310942931|2970992 said:
Peachy is beautiful! I think the point about the durability is important. What about light blue spinels (similar saturation and tone to Peachy)? I think they would provide great contrast since blue is opposite to peach on the color wheel. I also like the suggestion of lavendar--there are lavendar spinels available also. Spinels also would have a high RI, and be very durable.

Thank you PC! Oooh light blue spinels. Peachy and blue together does sound very intruiging. And yes, they would make a nice contrast. I also like the fact that spinels are very durable and have a high RI.

I'll try to see if there's any blue pear spinels with the right proportion to Peachy.

Really good suggestion as well.

ETA: Thank you, Jewelfreak! I'm glad you like the color combo. So far this is my top pick unless I find other sidestones with better contrast.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peachy looks more pink in your new photos. I love her even more!! :cheeky: :love:

While I do agree that durability is important, if you don't wear Peachy every day, and you're careful with your gems, I wouldn't worry too much. Garnets are not exactly super fragile either, and I think you should use the tsavorites with somethng. It's not easy to find a matching pair of tsavorites. It will be very difficult to find a nice saturated matching pair of blue spinels too.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL|1310945388|2971033 said:
Peachy looks more pink in your new photos. I love her even more!! :cheeky: :love:

While I do agree that durability is important, if you don't wear Peachy every day, and you're careful with your gems, I wouldn't worry too much. Garnets are not exactly super fragile either, and I think you should use the tsavorites with somethng. It's not easy to find a matching pair of tsavorites. It will be very difficult to find a nice saturated matching pair of blue spinels too.

Awww, thanks TL!! :bigsmile: I thought she looked more gray without the flash but I won't disagree with you. lol

I tend to switch my rings up everyday so they tend to not get worn daily. Once or twice a week. I agree, that it's not easy to find a matching pair of tsavs or blue spinels. It's not just the color but also the shape and size proportion.

I'm anxious to have her set hopefully within a few months. She's been sitting in the gem case for over a year now, and I hate not being able to wear her. :blackeye:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think the tsavs are too dark. How about light mint merelani?

mintmer.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the spinels should be saturated--I think they should be light and match the saturation of the center stone.

I really like the suggestion of Merlani garnet, but I think the tone has to be more gray so it does not outshine Peachy.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
It is so nice to see your FCD out to play again :))

I think that it definitely stands out, as seen by how it compares to the two sides in various lights. It always has more sparkle and shine. But I also feel the sides might be a touch too saturated in contrast with the center stone. Perhaps a lighter shade of green?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're kind of soft, but if you can find small green zircons. I like them in a medium tone, and they're not super saturated, so they don't compete with the diamond, but they're just green enough. They have a nice high RI too.

file.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
VL, that's a pretty merelani. I prefer a lighter color in the tsavs as well (medium/light tone) but they weren't available during the time that I was looking. I am waiting on a light pair of pear tsavs so we'll see if I like the color in real life.

PG, I agree about the sidestones not being too intense in color. That's why I chose the tsavs even if they are darker in tone.

Tristan, thank you for the kind words about Peachy. ::) She's happy to be out of her gemcase as well. It's been a while since I took photos of her. I know what you mean about the tsavs being more saturated. Hopefully the sidestones I'm awaiting in the mail will be a true medium green tone.

TL, I love zircons. I love how they sparkle like diamonds but I'm not crazy about how small they tend to be for their weight. It will be a challenge to find a pair of pear green zircons that are in proportion to Peachy. I like the idea though!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR - if you want to find black diamonds they're incredibly easy to find. If you post up what size/shape you want I'll go on the hunt at the weekend.

However, I'm strongly of the "let Peachy stand alone in all her glory" camp! A wonderful halo would be scrumptious!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1311012744|2971557 said:
PR - if you want to find black diamonds they're incredibly easy to find. If you post up what size/shape you want I'll go on the hunt at the weekend.

However, I'm strongly of the "let Peachy stand alone in all her glory" camp! A wonderful halo would be scrumptious!

Yes, please do LD. I never would have considered anything black for sidestones but that fact that it's a diamond just sounds hot. If that even makes sense. lol

If you can find a pair of pear black diamonds, ideally 6x4 in dimensions, that would be awesome. Thanks again! :wavey:

Don't worry, a halo would my back-up if I can't find the perfect sidestones. Even a double-halo, for DSS insurance purposes. :Up_to_something:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love this combo! I would second that I perfer tsavs much lighter (minty even) but there's a lot to be said for working with what you have. I also think it'd be a swell necklace.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR - black pear diamonds for some reason are usually much bigger than you want and then they can suffer with pitting. If you wanted rounds it would be much easier! These are the smallest I found but they're not great..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-92-Ct-Lustrous-Pair-Fancy-Grey-Black-Natural-Diamond-/310305757461?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item483faa1915

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-67-Ct-Sparkling-Pair-Fancy-Jet-Black-Natural-Diamond-/310305746679?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item483fa9eef7 Cleftless hearts!

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/3386.htm Too big

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love peachy. It will look great with anything.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Kelpie, thank you! I'm so glad you like the combo, and now I can really see that the tsavs may be a bit on the dark side. I'll post pics of the new tsav pair if they turn out better. I hope you set your spess soon, I'm really anxious to see that beauty finished. Hmm..necklace..I never thought of that. Oh the possibilities! ;(

LD, thanks for taking the time to find and post the links. They are a bit out of my price range for black diamonds, and they are larger than the dimensions that I'm looking for. Thanks for you help though! ;))

Marcy, thank you! I want this to be the final reset so I can finally wear her.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour combination has good potential but the tsavorites seem a bit too dark and creates too much contrast with peachy. I think a lighter pair will be a better fit.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I thought about this more, and what about light grayish blue FCDs as sidestones?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1311303093|2974278 said:
I thought about this more, and what about light grayish blue FCDs as sidestones?

I like the idea of light grayish blue FCD sidestones, in fact, it would probably be the most stunning combo. The only thing is that it's very challenging to source a matching pair, on top of the price. My other alternatives would be blue or violet spinels, maybe aqua or light blue sapphires. Thanks for the suggestion though! :wavey:

Chrono, I agree that the tsavs are dark compared to Peachy and it's a strong contrast. I'm working on other lighter-colored alternatives, so we'll see what I can find.

Thanks Crasru!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I love the pink green color combo. :cheeky: I agree that peachy would look best with lighter toned tsavs or a minty green vs the darker green of the tsavs in the photo. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Pregcurious, thanks for the links. I'll check themm out.

Thanks Brandy, I'm glad you like the color combo as well. I have a lighter pair of tsav pears that I'm expecting on Monday. I'll post pics if it looks like a contender. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results