shape
carat
color
clarity

Peach Sapphire RHR

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my heart shaped peach sapphire ring. It is .88 ct, 5.8 x 5.7mm.

I am having a very hard time getting the right color in photos. It looks orange in some light, pinkish orange in other lighting and these pictures show it with each of those colorings as well.

closeup.jpg

closeup2.jpg

handshot.jpg

handshot2.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! What an exciting color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Athenaworth! The store I buy my sapphires from starting getting this color in about 2 years ago. I stop in there maybe 5 to 6 times a year and they either never had one in stock or I didn't have any jewelry money when they did have one. This time I was lucky they had 2 in stock and I decided I could spend a little money. The other peach sapphire was a heart shaped as well and slightly larger. It was more pink than this one and I actually liked the color of that one a little better but the cut wasn't as nice.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That cut is pretty great too. Congrats. It's amazing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Athenaworth, thank you. I like heart shaped stones but so many of them I see have big windows.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 2 more photos that show the 2 colors I see.

color.jpg

color2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty color! I love the E-W hearts on the setting too, repeating the shape of the sapphire. Nice!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that color!!!!! Lucky girl. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring and it sounds like it was the one you were waiting for!

Can I ask whether treatments were disclosed when you bought it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Natsplat. I wore my ring today and sure enjoyed the color.

Thenk you JewelFreak. I tried about 15 mountings and the minute I saw this one I knew it was it.

Thank you LisaRN. I was very happy to find such a pretty and unique sapphire.

Gongli, yes I think the color could be considered similar to a pad and I would be very excited to say this is one but of course I have no idea if it is a pad or not. My vendor lists their sapphires by color. I know they don’t get this color in very often. The pad you posted sure looks like the same color as my peach sapphire

Thank you LovingDiamonds. On their website the say their rubies and sapphires may have been heat treated but that is all. I have never asked them when I have bought a sapphire from them.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1319513754|3047068 said:
Thank you Natsplat. I wore my ring today and sure enjoyed the color.

Thenk you JewelFreak. I tried about 15 mountings and the minute I saw this one I knew it was it.

Thank you LisaRN. I was very happy to find such a pretty and unique sapphire.

Gongli, yes I think the color could be considered similar to a pad and I would be very excited to say this is one but of course I have no idea if it is a pad or not. My vendor lists their sapphires by color. I know they don’t get this color in very often. The pad you posted sure looks like the same color as my peach sapphire

Thank you LovingDiamonds. On their website the say their rubies and sapphires may have been heat treated but that is all. I have never asked them when I have bought a sapphire from them.

Marcy - next time you speak with the jeweller ask them specifically about treatments because your sapphire may have been BE diffused. There are lots on the market that have had that treatment and it can only be tested by labs (not appraisers and jewellers). It may be that your jeweller won't know (don't be surprised - you may have more coloured stone knowledge than them!). The only reason I suggest you ask is that it may affect insurance value and you don't want to under/over insure.

You sound completely in love with the colour, cut and setting so I'm guessing it doesn't matter what it turns out be - and the whole point of jewellery is that you adore it and it makes you smile.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
[/quote]Marcy - next time you speak with the jeweller ask them specifically about treatments because your sapphire may have been BE diffused. There are lots on the market that have had that treatment and it can only be tested by labs (not appraisers and jewellers). It may be that your jeweller won't know (don't be surprised - you may have more coloured stone knowledge than them!). The only reason I suggest you ask is that it may affect insurance value and you don't want to under/over insure.

You sound completely in love with the colour, cut and setting so I'm guessing it doesn't matter what it turns out be - and the whole point of jewellery is that you adore it and it makes you smile.[/quote]

Question about this; BE diffusion requires very high heat, so if a stone shows no signs of heat treatment- no exploded crystals, intact inclusions- is BE diffusion still a possibility?

If heat treatment is disclosed, then additional BE diffusion is a real possibility, even if unknown to the dealer, correct?

Thanks!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - next time you speak with the jeweller ask them specifically about treatments because your sapphire may have been BE diffused. There are lots on the market that have had that treatment and it can only be tested by labs (not appraisers and jewellers). It may be that your jeweller won't know (don't be surprised - you may have more coloured stone knowledge than them!). The only reason I suggest you ask is that it may affect insurance value and you don't want to under/over insure.

You sound completely in love with the colour, cut and setting so I'm guessing it doesn't matter what it turns out be - and the whole point of jewellery is that you adore it and it makes you smile.[/quote]

Question about this; BE diffusion requires very high heat, so if a stone shows no signs of heat treatment- no exploded crystals, intact inclusions- is BE diffusion still a possibility?

If heat treatment is disclosed, then additional BE diffusion is a real possibility, even if unknown to the dealer, correct?

Thanks![/quote]

Yes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds, I did email my vendor and ask. I am curious but like you said I am very happy with my sapphire so it won't matter to me either way. Yes, the most important thing is that we enjoy our jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results