shape
carat
color
clarity

PBS Show on NOVA - Treasures of the Earth

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a very good show for beginners to watch. I still liked it as they went beyond the pretty looks into some science stuff like the structure and impurites. (I got told to please shut up during the show....lol)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/treasures-earth-gems.html

Diamonds was the main focus (figures) but they talked about other gems. Like for instance, not all sapphires are blue (no, really??...LOL)

I don't know if those that are outside the US will be able to watch unfortunately. But they talked about the value of Jade in China specifically. I found the history lesson (though short) to be quite interesting.

I believe they're going to have another on metals which is supposed to show on Nov 9.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched (between refreshing the WS game 7 score and texting/tweeting about it!) and enjoyed it. :clap: It was a little dramatic, but entertaining and interesting. I didn't know iron + titanium = blue color of sapphires, so I learned something! And the jade discussion was fascinating.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cool, I'll make sure to check that out streaming!

PBS used to be one of the few stations we actually watched. And then we got rid of the tv! Luckily they stream most everything..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results