shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Arcadian

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hello :wavey:

I know mastergoldcraft set your spess and if memory serves, you had a good experience working with Stephen. Could you please elaborate on the process for me?

I am having difficulty working with him and I am just trying to get an idea of how I may be able to improve the situation. He originally quoted a price for a setting. It was beyond what I could do. He initiated a lower price without lowering diamond quantity or quality. I requested an invoice and then he goes back up.., granted with explanation but I'm a little put off.

Is his craftsmanship worth continuing down this road?

I truly appreciate your input.

Thank you ~
faegrace

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he's good, but to be honest, any vendor that can't stick to a price they quoted me within a set time line isn't going to be worth my time.

When he gave you the quote on the price drop, did he tell you how long he would hold the price for you? On a custom jewelry piece, and if its something I know I'm going to need to think about especially, I try to find out how long that price would be valid, especially these days with the metal markets being so crazy.

My transaction with him went pretty quick. I think it took 3 days tops, no drops in communication. So yeah though I like his work, had that happened to me I would have just went elsewhere.

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
A ~

Thank you for replying. :)

It was not a matter of running out of time with a particular quote. He said he could do it for a particular price, with very specific specs, and then, he went into "I checked with my diamond supplier and my costs have gone up 10% across the board...." (His cost went up more than 10%, BTW.) I am not sure if it is an issue of deciding doing this setting at a lower cost is worth it to him or what. However, as any jeweler worth their metal could tell us, a happy customer is a repeat customer. I am moving on.

Thank you again, Arcadian; I appreciate it. Have a lovely weekend!

~ faegrace

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. My setting wasn't all that expensive in the grand scheme of things, it was over 6 but under 8, so I couldn't imagine why a custom job would not be worth his time really.

I try to be objective even when I actually like a vendor, and in this case, I find that he just wasn't being fair to you. Creating jewelery should be as low stress as possible as there's enough stuff out there to stress about.

Glad I could help.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results