shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha Sapphire in New Home!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a tiny little thing in such an enormous setting! I love it though. This is one gem that is almost impossible to capture in a photograph. It's an unheated/untreated Padparadscha Sapphire - judge for youself whether you would classify it as such. It does it for me and I love the orange and pinks I see. The setting is from Lanbo4 and I'm very very pleased with the quality of the diamonds. This is the second triple halo I've had from him and I'm super pleased.

Padparadscha Sapphire5_1_1.JPG

Padparadscha Sapphire4_1_1.JPG

Padparadscha Sapphire3_1_1.JPG

Padparadscha Sapphire2_1_1.JPG

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, my favorite... for me, nothing else comes close to the padparadscha.

I love this ring!!! Where did you source the stone from?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's way too pretty and vivid to be a true padparadscha sapphire according to the LMHC. Be grateful it doesn't fit their classification!!! Beautiful ring LD!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so right Nashville, nothing can compare to the Padparadscha. I have a ring coming and a pendant :love: Both stones have been certified

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD I love your ring. It looks like a padparadscha to me. Enjoy your beautiful ring. Pads are special stones.. almost magical.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Linda W said:
You are so right Nashville, nothing can compare to the Padparadscha. I have a ring coming and a pendant :love: Both stones have been certified

Isn't that the truth. I know people get irked by the ever-changing definitions, fakes, frustrating color grading... everyone has told me to save myself the agony and go for pink-orange spinels or tourmaline. But once I saw TGal's Leon ring I was done for. I'm Nashville, and I'm a padaholic :(sad

LD, your pad is vibrant and lovely and I'm totally jealous!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nasville: Get what you want. Search until you find the perfect stone. Once you find it, your heart will tell you. Please don't listen to the other's The new pad I am getting, to be set into a ring, is like T-gals, I finally found one. I am so excited and can't wait to receive it.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
:love: LovingDiamonds....all of your new homes are GORGEOUS....wear them in the best of health and enjoy!!!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! You have some exciting stuffs there :love:

I am loving ur triple halo!! Btw can I know the size of ur pad? tia!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody for your lovely comments.

TL the colour appears more vibrant in the photos than it is in real life - the colour is actually more subtle and in some lights looks distinctly peachy in colour! I don't know if you recall but this stone shifts in different lights and I wasn't sure that Pads did and posted (ages ago) a thread asking if they could? I believe the general concensus then was that they could. This one was a nightmare to photograph. It most definitely can look as vibrant as this but more often than not it's more subdued. I have to agree that looking at these photos, the colour doesn't appear to be Pad like (according to the definition) but in real life I'd be hard pressed to argue against it! Anyway, no worries and because it's not a huge gem or one that cost the earth I'm happy to call it a yummy sapphire!!!

To answer other questions ......... the gem is 0.68ct and measures 4.9 x 4.8 x 3.2mm so it really is a little biddy thing!!! I bought it from a gem dealer friend of mine a couple of years ago (I think). It's been sitting around looking pretty and desperate to be set but because of its size, I kept ignoring it and set others first! Poor little thing! I'm glad I've set it now because its colour means it's actually quite versatile and can be worn without clashing with quite a lot of outfits! :bigsmile:

Linda - nice to see you posting again. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the color too.
Very romantic.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you LD. Remember T-Gal said how her pad shifts depending on the light? Mind do also. That is what makes them so magical. Enjoy yours. :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had forgotton TGal's comments Linda. Thank you for reminding me. I'm glad to hear that your Pads shift in colour too. My others don't do it (and don't somehow feel as magical as this one). Some Pads seem to blend too much into my skin tone and they don't give me a sense of "wow". This one just has that something special (for me).

Kenny I'm glad you like the colour. Fancy swapping it for your green diamond? :cheeky:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe we could combine them into one piece and share it. :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh by the way, I think the reason that this one looks so vibrant in sunlight is that it has very strong fluor. I've just found a photo that I took of it ages ago when I was trying to work out why it shifted colour!

Sapphire Pad Fluor_1_1.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
Maybe we could combine them into one piece and share it. :love:

*Gasp* now that's what I call a deal! Ok, so you can have wearing/visiting rights Sunday through to Wednesday and I'll take Thursday through to Saturday? :naughty:

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous picture LD. They look like they have little light inside of them that make them glow.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you again Linda. By the way, please will you post about your new purchase? I'm super curious to see what's got you excited! I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as I don't get blasted here :-o They are certified stones though. :cheeky:

One is being made into a ring. The CADS may be ready tomorrow. The other is being made into a pendant.

Thank you for asking LD.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks quite gorgeous in that "stately" setting! How perfect! Can't wait to see your newest pad.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda - I'm sure you won't be blasted. You KNOW what you're buying and you KNOW what you like and that's what's most important. I'd really love to see your new purchases. I can understand your hesitation because it doesn't matter what thread it's in, if the word "padparadscha" is mentioned, everybody has a different opinion! I think your advice to Nashville is excellent in that if it's certified and you feel you're paying a fair price for what you consider to be a Pad then that's what it's all about! The problem always seems to occur when somebody says "I've bought this Pad for 2 cents ....." and then posts a piccie where everybody's perception of Pad colour comes into play!

Please post. I'd love to see your new goodies.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will LD and I will start a new thread. Your wonderful thread has been hijacked enough. I imagine you will receive tons of compliments on your gorgeous pad ring. BTW, thank you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD,

I just love your ring, such a stunner!!!! :love: I want a pad badly!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! I love the rich orangy pink color of the pad. Seriously, I think you have enough bling to open your own jewelry store. LOL!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
It may be little biddy, but it it still has PRESENCE!

It's definitely the light of that setting and I love it.

Someday I'll have one!

Laura

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very nice LovingD!! :lickout: Loving that fluor, it no doubt gives it that extra punch!! :love:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!! Your pad is looking very at home in its blingy new home. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results