shape
carat
color
clarity

pad colored tulips

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These tulips came up in my yard (freebies from a bulb order) and I love the color. They remind me of padparadscha sapphires. What do you think, Pad lovers?
1.gif

pad tulips.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
they are gorgeous! I''ve never seen tulips that color

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Soooo pretty!!
30.gif

I love tulips, and I love the peachy color even more!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, that''s the perfect padparadscha color I''m so in love with.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. How great to get such a nice freebie.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 8:36:28 PM
Author: kas baby

They are beautiful and it''s now late autumn and I look foward to seeing some Tulips soon. I can see the Pad connection- has anyone seen a Pad that colour. Pics?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful tulips with the perfect shade; a delicate mix of pink and orange without any trace of brown, yet not pale at all.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of tulips. I''ve never seen that colour before. Beautiful.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! They''re not lotus blossoms, but I''ll take them! I''m afraid I don''t know the name of them. I went to the site where I originally purchased the bulbs (Van bourgondien) but can''t positively id. It might have been one of their unnamed tulips from one of their blends, like "peach passion blend". I really like the company for their daffodils, crocus, and species tulips selection (great for rock garden-like areas).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and great color.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty tulips!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puuuurty!

I do heart the pad colors. Here''s pic of mine that kind of matches (not nearly as pretty as the color on the tulips though, but I still love it).

mtgspdt.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn''t it be so much easier if we could call them tulip sapphires instead of padparadscha sapphires, or that horrible short word, pad (which reminds me of something else
14.gif
)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 11:07:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wouldn''t it be so much easier if we could call them tulip sapphires instead of padparadscha sapphires, or that horrible short word, pad (which reminds me of something else
14.gif
)

Second. I hate "pad", and "tulip" sapphires sound nice. "Lotus" sapphires would be fine, too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it! And pretty much the color I was looking for.

pad%20tulips.jpg
LEONIMG_0550.JPG

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Traveling Gal,

Beautiful image and a it was nice to see our sapphire mounted. The image truly captures the delicacy of the hue. Found a similar stone at Tucson this year and have another happy client. She wanted one just like yours.

You might republish the lotus collage. Maybe the sapphire should be renamed using the Latin for tulip!

Warmest regards,

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif
)

Or lotus sapphire.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, every time someone calls it a pad, I cringe. I actually go out of my way to spell out that horrible name, padparadscha, because I can''t call it a pad. Ugh!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oh Tgal, I LOVE your ring!

where is your pad from?

who made your ring?

is it your ering?

any info most welcome!!

it is simply divine
30.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 12:09:13 AM
Author: crasru

Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could call them tulip sapphires instead of padparadscha sapphires, or that horrible short word, pad (which reminds me of something else
14.gif
)

Second. I hate 'pad', and 'tulip' sapphires sound nice. 'Lotus' sapphires would be fine, too.

Crasru - I obviously skipped over your post only to repeat what you had already said
24.gif
. The word Padparadscha just doesn't roll off the tongue, not mine anyway and I must ask my Sri Lankan friend to prounounce it so I can hear how it should sound.

TL- I think you've done us a favour - I won't be using the shorted version any longer.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look like the color of a Pad!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 6:13:51 AM
Author: klewis

They are beautiful and it''s now late autumn and I look foward to seeing some Tulips soon. I can see the Pad connection- has anyone seen a Pad that colour. Pics?

Here''s a Pad ring from Harry Winston

Harry_Winston_Padparadscha.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 4:37:05 AM
Author: MAC-W

Thanks MAC_W, It looks like a nice padparadscha, but you know whenever I see those double prongs it reminds me of spider''s fangs

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures of the sapphires!
3.gif
It''s such an intense, yet delicate color, so beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 4:46:21 AM

Thanks MAC_W, It looks like a nice padparadscha, but you know whenever I see those double prongs it reminds me of spider''s fangs

Klewis,
You just ruined double prongs for me.
32.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

YUM!!! No spider fangs could keep my paws off that beauty! I love how orangy it is!
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 11:37:47 AM
Author: luckynumber
oh Tgal, I LOVE your ring!

where is your pad from?

who made your ring?

is it your ering?

any info most welcome!!

it is simply divine
30.gif
Hi sorry...been out of town and just saw this.

No, it is not my ering...it is a ring made in honor of my daughter. I wanted something pinkish, but not full on pink. It is a 1.5 carat padparadscha that is orangish pink. I have not really had any pic that does it real justice (meaning capturing how it really looks) but some come close. It is delicate yet not pale and does change color depending on light. I haven't seen any brown or gray in it, but my eye is untrained, I admit. It looks good in all lighting conditions, which is what pleases me most of all.

The Pad is certed as unheated and from Ceylon. Richard Wise sourced the pad for me and since I am no expert on these things, I was happy to use him. There is a long story about my pad search here and suffice it to say, please use someone reputable and honest and make sure it's certed (even though everyone seems to disagree on what true pad colors are..but still, if you are going to pay the premium, get the cert). I can not recommend Richard enough. From his post on this thread, it seems others are looking to him to source a nice pad.
5.gif

The setting was made by Leon Mege. I certainly can recommend him, as I liked working with him (but my input was minimal) but would advise doing a search for him. I don't think he works for all personalities.

Hope that helps!

ETA, also wanted to add that the photo I posted was not retouched in any way. That's what my Canon850IS caught.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results