shape
carat
color
clarity

Outdoor pics of my sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we finally got some sunshine up here, so on Saturday morning I did a photoshoot. Well, okay, I actually did three because as the sun got higher and higher, my sapphire kept looking just more and more breathtaking! I couldn't stop playing with it. Mr.L now thinks I'm officially nuts! These were all taken with my same point and shoot camera, a 2004 Cannon S400 Digital Elph 4 MP. So here goes...

laurelsapph1.JPG

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 4 - I *love* this one - I can''t believe my camera actually took this!!!
30.gif

laurelsapph4.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know I'm probably interrupting your photo stream, but that is one GORGEOUS sapphire. I actually said "Whoa!" out loud looking at photo #4.

Have you narrowed down the list of possible settings?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 10:33:37 PM
Author: EBree
I know I''m probably interrupting your photo stream, but that is one GORGEOUS sapphire. I actually said ''Whoa!'' out loud looking at photo #4.

Have you narrowed down the list of possible settings?
Thank you! I am just amazed that I ended up with something so beautiful! When I first saw it when it arrived it was under flourescent lighting at work and I thought it was really pretty, but oh man, when I first got to see it under natural light and then yesterday in blazing sun, I was just blown away!!!

As for settings I am currently completely stuck between the WF Petite Open Cathedral and the Ritani Classic 1RZ1232CCRP that geckodani was considering. I''ve decided that I like that one better than the Caroline because I absolutely adore double prongs, so if I go the solitaire route it must have double prongs. But I just can''t decide. Almost everyone who I show my terribly photoshopped pictures to of my stone on those settings chooses the Ritani, but there is something about a narrow diamond shank that I love, although I''m not convinced that it''s the best choice for my stone. It''s really hard because there isn''t anywhere near me that has settings even close to either of these (think the worst of the worst maul stores) and to make it worse, settings look so much different with diamonds as the center stone rather than colored stones, so it''s hard to get a good feel.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I cannot wait to see that thing set. It is going to be stunning.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 10:31:03 PM
Author: laurel25
30.gif
Awesome stone!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very stunning stone. I think double prongs are nice as well. Looking forward to seeing the sapphire when it is set too.

Lisa

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
neatfreak & Fly Girl - Thank you so much! I hope I can decide on a setting soon, so that I can get it set! I seem to be a bit of a waffler when it comes to settings!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 10:58:38 PM
Author: LisaRN
Very stunning stone. I think double prongs are nice as well. Looking forward to seeing the sapphire when it is set too.

Lisa
Thanks!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love that sapphire. It looks amazing in the sun. It will look great in whatever setting you choose.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, Laurel! That is one heck of a stunner!!!! WOW!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is GORGEOUS out in the sun!!!
36.gif

As for the settings... hmmm. I know Pearlmans will send a sample of the Ritani if you ask them, but I don''t know if WF does stuff like that.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
As for settings I am currently completely stuck between the WF Petite Open Cathedral and the Ritani Classic 1RZ1232CCRP that geckodani was considering. I''ve decided that I like that one better than the Caroline because I absolutely adore double prongs, so if I go the solitaire route it must have double prongs. But I just can''t decide. Almost everyone who I show my terribly photoshopped pictures to of my stone on those settings chooses the Ritani, but there is something about a narrow diamond shank that I love, although I''m not convinced that it''s the best choice for my stone. It''s really hard because there isn''t anywhere near me that has settings even close to either of these (think the worst of the worst maul stores) and to make it worse, settings look so much different with diamonds as the center stone rather than colored stones, so it''s hard to get a good feel.
Lovely stone!

There are quite a few Photoshop talents on this board who could put your stone into a setting to give you an idea of how it would look...just start a thread "photoshop help please'' or something like that: you''ll be amazed at what people here can do for you!

It really helps to see the stone in the setting...IMHO

LS

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
gladyskristen & joflier - Thank you so much! I was so excited that I was able to get good pictures once we finally got some sun!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 12:40:58 PM
Author: geckodani
36.gif

As for the settings... hmmm. I know Pearlmans will send a sample of the Ritani if you ask them, but I don''t know if WF does stuff like that.
Thanks! I took the plunge this morning and decided on the Ritani. It''s the more classic, timeless of the two and it will allow way more choices when it comes to wedding bands and stacking in the future. Plus EVERYONE I showed pictures to (all the ladies at work, my mom & dad, my FSIL) loved the Ritani. I think that Mr.L likes the Ritani better too, but he refused to tell me which he liked bettwe because he wanted me to pick what I wanted. I love the double prongs, love the tapered band, and love the surprise diamond. I went with the palladium too. Now I just have to wait for 3-4 weeks til I get it.
14.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 12:51:18 PM
Author: LostSapphire
There are quite a few Photoshop talents on this board who could put your stone into a setting to give you an idea of how it would look...just start a thread ''photoshop help please'' or something like that: you''ll be amazed at what people here can do for you!

It really helps to see the stone in the setting...IMHO

LS
Oh man, if you only knew how many photoshops I''ve done of this stone on the settings! Mr.L thinks I''m nuts, but I told him that everyone here on PS totally understands! I''ve decided on the Ritani setting though and will be sending out the stone today. So now I have to start posting in the Rings in Waiting thread!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 1:23:27 PM
Date: 10/27/2008 12:40:58 PM

Author: geckodani

36.gif

Thanks! I took the plunge this morning and decided on the Ritani. It''s the more classic, timeless of the two and it will allow way more choices when it comes to wedding bands and stacking in the future. Plus EVERYONE I showed pictures to (all the ladies at work, my mom & dad, my FSIL) loved the Ritani. I think that Mr.L likes the Ritani better too, but he refused to tell me which he liked bettwe because he wanted me to pick what I wanted. I love the double prongs, love the tapered band, and love the surprise diamond. I went with the palladium too. Now I just have to wait for 3-4 weeks til I get it.
14.gif

It will be GORGEOUS in the Ritani!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
"Breathtaking" is a perfect way to describe it! It''s just beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sapphire. The color is amazing!!
30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 2:44:07 PM
Author: Catmom
What a gorgeous sapphire. The color is amazing!!
30.gif
9.gif
That means so much to me coming from you, who has the collection which I totally envy and drool over every time you post photos!!! Thanks!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 10:31:03 PM
30.gif
hi laurel25, your sapphire is going to look great with the setting you chose, how long until you get it?

i can''t believe you took these photos with a point and shoot. i can''t seem to get such good photos with mine.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results