shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Sapphire Engagement Ring

jewellerbot

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

I have been lurking around for awhile now, taking in all the great information on this website. I don't have much insight to contribute beyond what many of the great posters here already offer, so I haven't posted anything yet.

I'd like to thank you all for providing your insight and knowledge, it was a great help with my search for a perfect engagement ring. My fiancee loves the ring, and we are planning our wedding now (and I thought finding the ring was hard work...)

During my several month ordeal to find my sapphire, I have dealt with Ed Bristol (Wildfish), Peter Grumitt (Apsara), and finally Marc Sarosi (Africa Gems). All of these gentlemen were great to deal with and I would recommend them all for their great service. After having my sixth sapphire mailed back and forth, I decided on an unheated 2.29 carat cushion from Burma. Many thanks to Marc Sarosi for his patience in helping me find the perfect sapphire. It's a darker blue that has good saturation and holds its colour very well in all light conditions.

I decided long ago to have Victor Canera craft my ring setting. I think he did a wonderful job and will likely go back to him for our wedding bands.

These pictures were taken outside under very cloudy conditions with no sunlight. If we have time, we'll try to take pictures with better lighting conditions.

ring_1-a.jpg

ring_2-a.jpg

ring_3-a.jpg

ring_4-a.jpg

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
It is stunning! Wow! The folks here and all the info are such a big help. Thank you for showing us the ring :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Wow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A truly beautiful work of art and I look forward to more pictures, hopefully some hand shots too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful sapphire & setting! Oh gosh. Your hard work paid off. I'm looking forward too to more pics & hand shots -- and please post photos of your wedding bands when you get them!

--- Laurie

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know what i expected when I opened this thread, but I definitely wasnt expecting something this stunning!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This ring and the LM sapphire ring from DB are now my favorites!!!! Truly stunning!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Have you posted this in "Show Me The Bling" yet? It's so gorgeous. I vote this ring for the next Jewel of the Week!!! :appl:

jewellerbot

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words! Couldn't have done it myself without all the great information and insight here. Before my search I was quite clueless on gems, but now I have a much better appreciation for them. It was actually really fun trying to find the right sapphire and working on the ring. It was also really difficult to keep this activity secret from my now-fiancee since I was so excited about it throughout the process!

We've been having some very cloudy and dreary weather this week, but once we get some sunlight we'll try to get some better shots for you all.

Good idea posting up on the "Show Me the Bling" board. I'll do that tonight when I get home.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
I dont know what i expected when I opened this thread, but I definitely wasnt expecting something this stunning!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Exactly!!! That's a masterpiece of a ring!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic!!! Absolutely perfect!

jewellerbot

Rough_Rock
GregS|1372905385|3477062 said:
Classy! Excellent proportions, I love it.

I'm actually really happy you said that! I originally went with some 3 or 4 carat sapphires, but I felt it was too big for the ring design I wanted. This one at a bit over 2 carats was the perfect size and I really like the slightly rectangular cushion look too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! :love: :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. love the shape and the proportions of the ring all around. Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very beautiful. Congratulations.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I missed this before, but I thank the poster for linking to this ring as a source of inspiration because it is lovely. I can only imagine what it must be like to stare into that deep blue...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just realized...are those all single cuts?

I love single cuts....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG-your ring is spectacular! :love: :love: :love: Wear in much health and happiness and please post more pics!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
SO very beautiful! That is exactly what a sapphire ring should look like! Enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results