shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OTL's acquisition

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you started this thread...now we all can go to one place to see your latest beauties. Congrats to both you and Acinom for making JOTW...well deserved :clap:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK now I have to stalk this thread religiously. :D Gorgeous pieces, OTL!!! (And so jealous you got Niel's lavender spinel!)

I guess it's a trend now.. makes me think that I should also start my own thread to post the various pieces I've acquired..

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1476688025|4087817 said:
OK now I have to stalk this thread religiously. :D Gorgeous pieces, OTL!!! (And so jealous you got Niel's lavender spinel!)

I guess it's a trend now.. makes me think that I should also start my own thread to post the various pieces I've acquired..

Yes yes yes *do it* please :dance:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you PS! I didn't know this until days later. :razz:
Dizzie said:
OTL|1476217312|4085804 said:
2. A Pad color 3.48ct spinel. It's slightly windowed and has tiny tiny bubbles here and there, but nothing I think takes away the beauty of this stone. It looks huge on me, and has a look identical to a real high-end padparadscha, most of them are windowed anyway lol A Pad sapphire of this face up dimension, without any treatment, will cost me 50 times of what I pay. :D

What a beautiful stone!!! I have a 3ct+ spinell on my bucket list and this is just to die for!

I love it too, It's costly to set such big stone though :)
Acinom said:
Congrats on Jewel of the Week!!!
It's such a gorgeous design. I love the nature vibe that speaks from it.

:razz: thanks for the snapshot!
Rfisher said:
ElizabethR|1476463793|4087053 said:
Thanks for answering my question OTL. Was hoping for some help in finding one for myself, but understand if you can't share that info.

Heck- Just start stalking Loupe Troop or etsy. You may get lucky! I admire OTL's ability to buy stuff and get tired of it and list it for sale for the likes of me to benefit from! She has a great eye.

haha, I've listed 2 or 3 items on etsy, and 0 sales...Actually haven't taken care of etsy account for months...You remind me I should pay the overdue invoices :razz:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Rfisher|1476474005|4087131 said:
ElizabethR|1476463793|4087053 said:
Thanks for answering my question OTL. Was hoping for some help in finding one for myself, but understand if you can't share that info.

Heck- Just start stalking Loupe Troop or etsy. You may get lucky! I admire OTL's ability to buy stuff and get tired of it and list it for sale for the likes of me to benefit from! She has a great eye.

Me too!!!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
OTL I love love love this purple sapphire ring. I am especially enjoying the design and execution of the melee on the sides :clap:

edited to add photo

otl_melee.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This is coming my way

1.28ct purple spinel, 6.68x4.19mm, untreated, Tanzania, cut by Alan Unangst in a round brilliant

________________.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice OTL! I love the chryso heart!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Sungura|1476808215|4088265 said:
OTL I love love love this purple sapphire ring. I am especially enjoying the design and execution of the melee on the sides :clap:

edited to add photo
Thank you! I really like to see that picture again :)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
As well as this one :loopy: :lol: :appl:

Another of the estate lost recut by Jerry to reveal the optimum red sparkle of this pretty rare old Brazilian material. It is a natural unheated and at least eye clean cut in an enhanced Hexbar oval design with 69 facets.
Rubellite Tourmaline •Size: 3.10ct 10.1 x 8.4 x 6.5mm Oval

tou014.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new acquisitions!!!
I am especially mesmerized by your rubellite. Any ideas on how you will set it?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom said:
Great new acquisitions!!!
I am especially mesmerized by your rubellite. Any ideas on how you will set it?

I'm thinking a slightly different than usual double halo. :razz:
ilovegemstones said:
Very nice OTL! I love the chryso heart!
Me too.... :dance:

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Hey OTL! All your stones are so lovely. However I am obsessed with your new pad spinel!! Could you post some more pics of it?? That color looks like watermelony greatness!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
austinj said:
Hey OTL! All your stones are so lovely. However I am obsessed with your new pad spinel!! Could you post some more pics of it?? That color looks like watermelony greatness!!

Hi austinj, Thanks, I love that color too. My heart melts a bit every time I see it. It's already set in a ring and at the jeweler's now, I only have 2 group photos.
So here is the sneak peak :tongue:

img_13493.jpg

img_13494.jpg

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow that looks yummy. Can't wait to see hand shots! Make sure you take LOTS of pics for us!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
austinj said:
Wow that looks yummy. Can't wait to see hand shots! Make sure you take LOTS of pics for us!

Certainly! I'd love to.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Received this 2.43ct round flame spinel from Mahenge. I've always wanted to have a flame spinel, different from the pinkish red ones that Mahenge produces a lot. NKOTB's cushion red has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Then I found something similar :naughty:
It's silky, so it's bright and neon all the time. I only have these office light quick photos which are kind of awful. I expect it to look better when the whether is good...

img_2041_____________________.jpg

img_2043______________.jpg

Kellyashley16

Rough_Rock
Oh my. This is just, wow. This is so very close to my holy grail stone!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Kellyashley16 said:
Oh my. This is just, wow. This is so very close to my holy grail stone!

I do like it's a round and over 2cts :mrgreen: Most of my mahenges are below 2cts...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm so glad you found one! It's beautiful, and looks better cut than mine. Worth the wait. :)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB|1478625361|4095246 said:
Yay! I'm so glad you found one! It's beautiful, and looks better cut than mine. Worth the wait. :)

Thank you for being a great inspirer! :naughty:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
My newest acquisition is kind of a big one.
I bought this 3cts unheated ruby a month ago, and finally get to see it this week.
It's certifired by GRS as pigeon blood red, and no heat. It has decent cut for a ruby and it's eye clean. This is basically everything I want for a ruby. Photo taken on a cloudy rainy day so it does not have fluoresce going on. I really need a sunny day to take better pictures... ;(

img_13520.jpg

img_13521.jpg

img_13522.jpg

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
OTL|1478648407|4095483 said:
I bought this 3cts unheated ruby a month ago, and finally get to see it this week.
It's certifired by GRS as pigeon blood red, and no heat. It has decent cut for a ruby and it's eye clean. This is basically everything I want for a ruby. Photo taken on a cloudy rainy day so it does not have fluoresce going on. I really need a sunny day to take better pictures... ;(
:love: :love: :love: will you set this one soon?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Venti25 said:
OTL|1478648407|4095483 said:
:love: :love: :love: will you set this one soon?

Probably not. I tend to play loose stones for a while and when I'm done with it I set it :lol: But I think I'll go classic big halo. Some stones are just meant to be have that classic look. ;-)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. There isn't even an emoji.... Just, wow.

Enjoy that ruby!!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Holy ruby!!! That is spectacular! And so is your Mahenge! You should do some group shots of all your stones sometime. I for one would love to see it!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I have some exciting updates. Handshot of the JOTW purple sapphire ring, and 2 new rings!
One is a Gene tsavorite I bought for quite a while, it's the best tsavorite I have ever seen. It has a special shape so the idea of setting it is up in the air all the time, when I finally sent this stone to the jeweler, it has come to a point that I feel it needs to be set, in any setting, I don't care. I just need to wear it!
Another is a grey asscher spinel from Burma I bought recently. My first asscher. And I love it. I really need a 5ct asscher diamond ;( I can settle for a 5ct colorless spinel as well.... :bigsmile:

img_13761.jpg

img_13762.jpg

img_13763.jpg

img_13764.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
more

img_13769.jpg

img_13770.jpg

img_13771.jpg

img_13772.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW!! OTL, all beautiful, I especially love the grey spinel, so classy! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results