shape
carat
color
clarity

Ooooops new Paraiba!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my defence, I don't have a Paraiba cab :errrr: So when I saw this on Paraiba International, I had to have it.

I've worked with Jerry over the last year and I mentioned this stone to him and he said it's really neon with a wonderful glow. Of course, I would have liked less inclusions but it's got colour and neon so I can forgive them! I've got a few ideas how I'm going to set this but it's really stolen my heart and even when Jerry and I compared a few of his other stones, we both kept coming back to this one! :dance:

Luckily he hasn't taken it off his website yet, so you can see it here. I'm hoping it'll arrive in a few weeks!

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=4082

BTW I can highly recommend Paraiba International. Jerry is an absolute dream to work with.

Any ideas for settings gratefully received! So far my idea is to have either half moons either side OR a series of baguettes from larger to small (to form a sort of stepped triangle) at each side.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's everything you hope it to be. I don't think the glow will be anywhere near what you currently have though. :))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1434637712|3890854 said:
I hope it's everything you hope it to be. I don't think the glow will be anywhere near what you currently have though. :))

I think it will Chrono. I have a highly included blue Paraiba (oval) and it's amazing the glow on that one). I know that Jerry's photos (and videos) really don't do stones justice so I have my fingers crossed!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! That's great news LD. Congrats with your new stone. Beautiful shape and soft blue coloring.
Will let you know when I come across setting ideas. The ideas you posted sound great. It will be nice to have a bit of horizontal finger coverage with this length.

When I bought my Paraiba sugarloaf I received some hand pics from Adam. You could ask them for some additional iPhone pics.

_31232.jpg

_31233.jpg

_31234.jpg

_31235.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I came across a halo setting- just in case you haven't ruled that type of setting completely out.
ld.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, by Paraiba standards, that is pretty darn big! Your eye is about as good as they get - certainly the most experienced - when it comes to Paraibas, so I imagine you've done quite well. I will look forward to the glorious creation you make with it. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful color. :appl:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LD,

So happy for you. I too, hope its everything you hope it to be and will joining your Paraiba Clan soon.

Annette

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been eyeing this stone for sometime, glad to see it is going to a good home, and shall look forward to seeing more pics of it.

DK :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1434655245|3890992 said:
Hi LD,

So happy for you. I too, hope its everything you hope it to be and will joining your Paraiba Clan soon.

Annette

Oooooo Annette spill the beans!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooops? uh huh? It just kind of happened right? (I tell myself this often :lol: )

So how are you going to set it?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laughing..I don't know why but I saw the title and thought "omg...they found a new mine!" :doh:

Given your beautiful collection, I bet this is a killer for you to bite...but understand addiction, lol. Can't wait to see more photos so I can dream :love:

(I too have a couple of small paraiba projects in the works - nothing compared to your upcoming one :love: )..must be that time of year :angel: )

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Glowy stone makes me swoon. I love its size and shape, and I hope it is as gorgeous in real life.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1434679898|3891137 said:
laughing..I don't know why but I saw the title and thought "omg...they found a new mine!" :doh:

Given your beautiful collection, I bet this is a killer for you to bite...but understand addiction, lol. Can't wait to see more photos so I can dream :love:

(I too have a couple of small paraiba projects in the works - nothing compared to your upcoming one :love: )..must be that time of year :angel: )

I know you won't believe this but this is the first gem quality stone I've bought for nearly two years - I managed to kick my addiction! It has however been replaced with a love of making jewellery and so I've been busy on that front :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1434648979|3890948 said:
Wow, by Paraiba standards, that is pretty darn big! Your eye is about as good as they get - certainly the most experienced - when it comes to Paraibas, so I imagine you've done quite well. I will look forward to the glorious creation you make with it. :))

I do love you Minou. You're one of the nicest people I have the pleasure of knowing.

Yes you're right, the size was a big big big pull and I seem to have a "thing" for marquise cuts!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1434668306|3891077 said:
ooops? uh huh? It just kind of happened right? (I tell myself this often :lol: )

So how are you going to set it?

No idea yet! lol

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1434640636|3890880 said:
How exciting! I came across a halo setting- just in case you haven't ruled that type of setting completely out.
ld.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Lisa. I'm not sure about a halo though - I have too many of those! I think I need something sleek and modern looking but can't pin down my ideas at the moment!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think half moons complement the shape but baguettes might.

S

SparkliesLuver

How great, LD! :appl: Is it on its way to you now? I can't wait to see your pictures. Exciting!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1434637132|3890849 said:
In my defence, I don't have a Paraiba cab :errrr:

LD,
There's actually something you don't have! :-o :o

Sorry, you just have such a huge amazing collection, I had to get in a joke :lol:

I hope you love it, post pics when you get it. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1434732113|3891361 said:
LD |1434637132|3890849 said:
In my defence, I don't have a Paraiba cab :errrr:

LD,
There's actually something you don't have! :-o :o

Sorry, you just have such a huge amazing collection, I had to get in a joke :lol:

I hope you love it, post pics when you get it. :)

Hahahahaha TL! I'm sure there must be a stone I don't have! :naughty: I suspect if I were to rummage around in your collection, I may find that you have virtually the same as me!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I am sooo excited for you! Hope your first cab is all that you dream it to be. :) I really have enjoyed learning from you on the threads here besides seeing your collection. I like the idea of the second setting option that you mentioned. Awaiting to see your pics of the stone soon.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, little lady, where is it?

We have all been patiently waiting :read: , trying not to pressure you . . . taking it easy . . . being reasonable . . .

But that's over now, cough it up! Time's up, chop, chop!

:bigsmile:

Of course if you returned it, we want to hear all about that too. If this is the case, and no pictures were taken, we will, by way of compensation, accept other pictures of your collection.

Our mad picture lust must be satisfied, somehow. So, whatcha got? :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:snore: :whistle: I'll have to use these emoticons until they come up with the tapping-foot-impatiently-while-waiting icon.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Still waiting . . .

I've decided to take up violin while I'm sitting here . . . :boohoo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results