shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay, Which IDJ Setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with the same shank thickness as the sapphire halo ring to start with. We'll tweak from there. Dori's halo is the Leon Mege padparadscha ring.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
Go with the same shank thickness as the sapphire halo ring to start with. We'll tweak from there. Dori's halo is the Leon Mege padparadscha ring.

I don't know what you mean . . . ? How would we tweak it?

I like the shank on my pear, what do you call that kind of setting? Is that fishtail or prong or what? On the sideview it look like a sawtooth edge (somehow) holding the diamonds.

_31489.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have Luann use the same shank thickness in the CAD. When the CAD is done, we can now see whether the thickness looks proportionate to the effect you want. If not, then increase or decrease it as needed. This is for the plan shank design.

Are you going with diamond melees down the shank now? Do you want those diamonds to be the same size as your pear setting or do you want it to be more proportionate to the new halo setting?

Not sure what you have but there is a good description here of the 4 main types: mushroom, cutdown, V cut and fishtail.
https://leonmege.com/index.php/articles/education/pave-types-in-jewelry

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if I want a melee band or not. :nono: Ugh, I'm going to give that a think.

This whole setting thing really stretches one's ability to visualize. :knockout:

But I did find this, also an IDJ supplier, it's basically what we're talking about; prongs on the inside, thicker shank.

Do you think this shank is too clunky? Same supplier as my round, which I feel is very sturdy.

https://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/23983?from_style=1

csr695-top-copy_original.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shank looks too beefy for the stone + halo.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Here's a photo of Dori's ring, the halo looks like it's bezel/bead set rather than prong set, anyone knows the proper term? It's a bit different from the usual halos.

_31522.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results