shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay, Vendor, What am I Supposed to Think?!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This came through my FB feed this morning. I have never dealt directly with this vendor and am not commenting on their business practices. In fact, if I am not mistaken, I believe they have received multiple positive comments in one feedback group I'm a member of. And my question is pretty much rhetorical, but really now, do they really think this photo will sell their stone and the buyer won't be disappointed? I'm not saying its not a pretty stone, but good luck figuring out what it will look like in hand! :confused:

5-15-13_opal_preview.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...or maybe their fingers just happened to be dyed magenta that day... :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1368639159|3447454 said:
...or maybe their fingers just happened to be dyed magenta that day... :bigsmile:

Yup, he was dyeing Easter eggs around that time and couldn't get the food dye off. :tongue:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kind of looks like a high level of carbon monoxide to me. :???:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean... Opal is one of the stones I insist on having a video of. And not a video in a pitch black room with a flashlight pointed at the stone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS|1368642471|3447506 said:
I see what you mean... Opal is one of the stones I insist on having a video of. And not a video in a pitch black room with a flashlight pointed at the stone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
a bit of tweaking and voila... Caucasian(ish) fingers

5-15-13_opal_0.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's hilarious! Looks like my photoshopping skills

iLander

Ideal_Rock
You're supposed to think "Why, yes! I would love to own a blurry, out-of-focus stone, of indeterminate body color! AND I want it sold to me by someone who is obviously sanding off their fingerprints to avoid prosecution! That sounds swell!" :appl:

:bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1368663313|3447744 said:
You're supposed to think "Why, yes! I would love to own a blurry, out-of-focus stone, of indeterminate body color! AND I want it sold to me by someone who is obviously sanding off their fingerprints to avoid prosecution! That sounds swell!" :appl:

:bigsmile:

:appl: :appl: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl:

Either that or "Wow, will ya look at all the colors in that opal?!! That is one of the most beautiful opals I've ever seen - I'll buy it!" :roll: :roll: :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results