shape
carat
color
clarity

No heat ruby ring

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I really like this ring. It's a no-heat ruby ring, 1.54 carats, dimensions 7.29 x 6.33 x 3.65. The provenance isn't stated, but it's from Burma. (The jeweler is completely trustworthy, but I know the sentiment is "trust but verify.") It has great color, although GIA says it's purplish red. I love the setting too. It is lightly included but eye clean. Here are photos......

_16191.jpg

_16193.jpg

_16194.jpg

_16195.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
More photos. Sorry for the angle of the GIA certificate, but I was trying to take a picture under store lights and had to take it at an angle to get rid of the glare.

_16197.jpg

_16198.jpg

_16199.jpg

_16200.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Did you buy it?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

We're going to need a full on photoshoot, flower shots too!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I've never done flower shots!
It will be a little while before I get it, it's on reserve with a down payment now. But I'll post more when I can!

Thank you for your feedback! Your ring is a stunner, too-- I actually have one in a setting very similar to yours, but it's only one carat. I, like you, love rubies!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, man, you BOUGHT IT! :appl: :love: Love the ruby love the ruby love the ruby -- and the setting is gorgeous!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats and you know that posting it here means you'll have to follow up with a proper photography session. :devil:

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the beautiful ring! I like the purplish red and the Fluro shot! Very cool. :appl:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all,

Thank you for your comments. I wrote a long reply today, and it disappeared! :oops: I was running around all day, so I didn't have a chance to rewrite it until now.

JewelFreak, yes, I bought it! When I saw this ring I couldn't resist. The ruby is gorgeous, and I really love the setting. :love: So I am very pleased to have found it. Thank you for your feedback, I always enjoy your posts and I appreciate them here.

Chrono, I promise to do a photography session with it when I get it in my hot little hands (That's just an expression, because is you can see in the photos my hands are little on the big side. Ha ha ha ha ha ha LOL), however for the time being it's at the jewelers, reserved with a down payment. I'm not sure how long it will take till I can get it, but I will definitely post more pictures when I do. :)

ILG - yes, YAY! :appl:

RTFrog, thank you! Actually, your creative photography has inspired me and I'm going to try to make my pictures a little more interesting next time. But thank you very much for your comments! I do appreciate them. 8)

Lovers kites, thank you too! :wavey:

Now a question for the ruby gurus and aficionados…: Does GIA's "purplish red" classification of the color affect its value at all? I know with FCDs, The name of the color has a great impact on its value, like if it has the word "brown" in it at all the value is greatly diminished. Is that the case with rubies? Or is each natural ruby based on its appearance? I have seen a lot of rubies that were classified just as "red", but some of them were very dark and therefore not as pleasing to the eye. This one, even though the certificate states that it's purplish red, I think is a very attractive color, and I don't see the purple that much. So I'm just curious about that. (Perhaps I should start a new thread asking about this?)

Opinions?

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results