clarity

New: Tanga garnet and pink tourmalines

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm thrilled with Gene's Tanga garnet - 2.35cts, 7.93mm. Here's his vendor pic:

GF 2.35 Tanga Rhodolite.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about those top three pics being the same! I haven't posted enough pics to know what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

What's most surprising however, is how similar it looks to an Umbalite I got from him last year. I had the Umbalite set in an LOGR, but I've never been really happy with it. So now I'm thinking about pulling it out, and using these as a pair, most likely for earring drops. What do you think?

IMG_5966-2.JPG

IMG_6014-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ever since I picked up halo jackets for my little OECs, I've been wanting some colored stones to add to the mix. Bob came through with a pair of rubellites. Actually, the color isn't very ruby-like, so I'd probably just call them pink tourmalines, but the other rubellite attribute, color stability, is definitely there - no shift to peach or brown.

IMG_5828-1.JPG

IMG_5855-1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I found the halo jackets in NYC, and right next to the jewelers, there was a booth that sold findings, so I got a pair of WG martini settings that fit the halos. I have to say, I think these are the nicest RB cuts from Bob that I've ever seen.

IMG_5894 (2).JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The other pair of loose tourmalines are also from Bob - they're both 6mm and nicely matched in color, but have slightly different cuts (note the difference in table size). Still, I think they'd be fine as earrings.

IMG_5903 (2).JPG

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those are great! I love the CS in the diamond halos

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani said:
Sorry about those top three pics being the same! I haven't posted enough pics to know what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

What's most surprising however, is how similar it looks to an Umbalite I got from him last year. I had the Umbalite set in an LOGR, but I've never been really happy with it. So now I'm thinking about pulling it out, and using these as a pair, most likely for earring drops. What do you think?

I love this idea! Before you commit, though, I'd just make sure that they look enough the same in all different lighting conditions. That is a project I would definitely love to see photos of!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new stone from Gene! I think it's a close enough match to the other one that you could wear them as earrings.

All your rubelites are beautiful!

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous stones!

May I ask what you don't like about the LOGR setting your Umbalite is set in? (it's one of my favourites on here! :razz:)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cemrn said:
Wow those are great! I love the CS in the diamond halos
Thanks, cemrn. I'm such a sucker for the halos too! I've only recently started enjoying my first plain gemstone necklace, so I'm starting to branch out a little.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Aoife said:
cellentani said:

I love this idea! Before you commit, though, I'd just make sure that they look enough the same in all different lighting conditions. That is a project I would definitely love to see photos of!

Aoife, when I realized how similar the stones were in tone, that's exactly what I did - walked around the house so I could view them in incandescent, fluorescent, and natural lighting. They responded the same in all, so I was really pleased. I'll try to get some shots this weekend!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cell,
Lovely, but it does look like an exact twin to the other gem you have in the ring, which I think is also a lovely piece. I don't know why you don't like it. :confused:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you already have the tourmaline earrings, I would leave the LOGR setting alone! Some things I just wouldn't mess with especially when they look as lovely as they do! I so wish my Bob Kast rubellite was not ruined...especially after seeing your gorgeous stones!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
m00sie said:
Gorgeous stones!

May I ask what you don't like about the LOGR setting your Umbalite is set in? (it's one of my favourites on here! :razz:)
m00sie, I like the setting itself, but I just dont' feel it's a good fit for this particular stone - it's quite busy, so I feel like the garnet gets a little lost. Also, the setting was made for an 8mm, and the stone is just a tad smaller, so I had lots of issues getting this one set - even had to have the prongs redone after the first job failed. I'm glad you like it though, and I appreciate your comments!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Cell,
Lovely, but it does look like an exact twin to the other gem you have in the ring, which I think is also a lovely piece. I don't know why you don't like it. :confused:

TL, I like the ring, I just don't LOOOOVE the ring, and I don't wear it that often. Part of my rationale for wanting to remove the umbalite is that it's much more difficult to find a matched set in this color and cut - I can always find a different 8mm stone for the setting. But I understand if you think I'm just being persnickety, lol. My DH would agree wholeheartedly with you!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani said:
Group shot with Bob's cushion and trillion rubellites.

Those are all tdf......love :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
They're such beautiful stones, and they will look fantastic no matter how you set it... but i feel it's such a shame you can't personally see them on your ears!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani said:
Group shot with Bob's cushion and trillion rubellites.

about what size rubellite is that? I'm looking for an 8mm one, maybe bob can cut me one.

-A

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
packrat said:
They're all gorgeous Cell! Love those pinks!

+1 I really love your first few pictures of that Tanga - YUM!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You always find the most gorgeous settings. The garnets does look exactly the same and they'll make beautiful earrings, but your current ring is gorgeous too...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask where you got the ring setting? I think it's really pretty, particularly with such a well-saturated stone.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Taylorbug - I've really been enjoying them!

ForteKitty, I know what you mean, but honestly, I'd wear the earrings so much more than the ring. Plus, I do get to see them every once in awhile! :bigsmile:

Arcadian, which rubellite are you asking about? The cushion? That one's 7.9mm. The rough that Bob gets usually cuts smaller stones, but it's worth asking.

Thanks colorluvr and Lovinggems - pink stones are such a weakness for me!

Hi baby nurse, the setting was from ebay seller lord_of_gems_rings.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Cellentani! I've to mention it again, I am really impress with your photography:) I agree that the Umbalite is so pretty, I would really hate to see it remove from the current setting =)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's an amazing match!!!!

As an aside, I hope I get to see you next month in NYC!!!! :Up_to_something:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Cell I love your ring. Please don't dismantle it. How about making a matching pendant?

I can't believe how similar both gems are. They've got to be from the same batch haven't they?

I also love the halos on the earrings.

What I've got to comment on however is the cushion cut Rubellite - WOW! Lucky you.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I took the pair of pink tourmalines in to my jewelers today, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Just wanted to post a quick ear pic:

IMG_6352.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results