shape
carat
color
clarity

New stones! (lazy day photography, pic heavy)

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. I have been on a roll lately, this will be quite picture heavy. Hope you like them.

pools-of-light.jpg

BKast rubellite.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Different colored spinels and Mali garnets

Spinels-and-Mali.jpg

Spinels-and-Mali-2.jpg

Spinels-and-Mali-3.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Tired of these huge pics yet?

D-Menadue-citrine.jpg

TGT-Rhodolite.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Ok almost done!

uli-siebenstern-opal.jpg

aqua,-straw,-cabs.jpg

aqua,-straw,--BB-garnet-cabs.jpg

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
lovely additions!
I want to pop the aqua and strawberry quartz cabs in the mouth, they look so yummy! :D

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
They're so pretty, we need more photos of each of them. :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
They are all great Treen, but I have to say I have a special fondness for pools o' light! :appl:
May I ask where you found them?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is that aqua cab.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they're all gorgeous! I need more info on the necklace you're making - how are you putting it together?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Treenbean! :appl:

I love them all, but the aqua cab and the garnet cabs are really pretty. The garnet cabs were on my list of potentials for the bubble gum ring, but I thought they might be dark. Looks like they're really nice, in RL.

They really are ALL gorgeous, TB! :love:

Lucky dog! (did you catch the pun there? :lol: )

MINOR THREAD JACK: I noticed on your palm that you have an angel. Did you have someone die when you were very young, someone that could possibly be watching over you? It's right next to your lifeline. . . just saying

THREAD JACK OVER: So, yeah, nice stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun!! Do you have plans for any of them?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
PurpleM: Hi, I think they look like candy too. They feel especially nice too when you hold them.

Aoife: I will try for more pics tomorrow in better light. I am in the east so it was dying light at 4pm when I was taking pics

Burberrygirl: The garnet pair are from ACS or Barry Bridgestock. The Aqua and strawberry quartz were purchased from Intergem King of Prussia, the vendor was Horizon Mineral Company from Lewes, De.

Amysbling: Thanks for loving them. I am totally obsessed with gems and jewelry right now!

Vapid: Hi, I'm so glad you know what pools of light are!!!! I just got the orbs, I've tried at least 20 vendors for 9 months, finally found a really nice man who cut them for me. Some have very small inclusions but they are mostly gin clear and absolutely luminous. I wish I could send you some, I bought 75 just because I knew how hard they would be to find.

Largosmom: Thanks I like it a lot too. A ring maybe? Which color gold?

Cellantani: I am going to try and do it the traditional way with a silver band soldered around the orb. I will post a pic to show you what I mean.

iLander: Glad you like em. The cabs in real life are very gemmy, but I think you got the right stone for the bubblegum ring ;-)
As for the thread jack which is the angel and which is the life line and yeah I've had a lot of close family pass away from 5 years old and on (your freakin me out, John Edward?) :shock: :lol:

TL: Oh baby do I have plans. hehe. I have lots of designs in my mind and on my sketch pad. My Bespoke blue topaz are being set and after that the Uli stones and some of the spinels have to get set.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I love pricescope and my pricescope buddies, this is a nice de-stressor for me too.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I really love the ethereal qualities and imagery of the pool of light necklaces. I scored some pictures of one with nice metalwork and another with blue glass pools

pool2.jpg

pool2a.jpg

poolblu.jpg

poolblue.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH Vapid you found a pic, awesome. I haven't seen them in blue. Very cool. Yeah thats the idea, now to figure out how to do it. :confused:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, now I know who got that pair of rhodolites from TGT! Congratulations.

Mr. BobKast's rubellites are awesome, as usual. I looked at his website, just recently, he always has something awesomely-fun-to-buy, but the best one was small. Congratulations, it is a nice stone!

And of, course, the garnets... Ah!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Crasru: hehe I couldn't pass them up at that size for that price. They are really very pretty. I have to reshoot the citrines and the fire opals in better light they came out looking less sparkling than they really are.

I buy mostly pairs because I love earrings. Anyone have any particular design ideas?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those crystal rock orbs are super! I can already picture them making a wonderful jewellery suite, highlighting a gem in each piece of jewellery. Wow, look at those cabochons (I have a soft spot for those) and the amazing cutting on the citrines and opals. I think many of these deserve their individual pictures rather than a group picture.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Seems a little sunnier here today so maybe I can take more individual pics today. Glad you like them Chrono, I've learned so much from you guys.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Lots of lovely stones! I hope the weather is nice in your area, so you can take more pics. ;))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WoW! I've never heard of pools of light necklaces but you really MUST do something like Vapid has suggested. The metalwork on the photos labelled pool2 and pool2a are absolutely to die for!

I can't wait to see more photos now!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! Look at all of that eye candy!

That pool of light necklace is going to be fab, and of course, I'm a HUGE fan of your BK Rubellite. Looks lovely, and I'm sure the partner will be beautiful, too!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Virgoruby: Took more photos today! we shall see how they turn out. Took them in late day light, so who knows. Glad you like em.

LovingDiamonds: Yep that was the idea behind getting the rock crystal orbs. I have been looking for years for a real antique pools of light necklace without much luck. On line you can find them sometimes they usually start around $1000 and go up from there. They are never drilled or they "loose their energy" and usually they are wrapped in silver to keep the "energy" at it's highest point. They are doubly refractive so if you place them on paper the words will be upside down (the biggest indicator if the orbs are glass).

Lauren: These will be my first BK rubellites and the color is to die for! la la love them oh so much. Hopefully the other one will get here soon.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Had some time late today to take some more photos hope you all like them I know I do.

DMenaduecitrine.jpg

DMenaduecitrineduo.jpg

DMenaduecitrineekcan.jpg

DMenaduecitrinehand.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
more pictures!

Uliekcan.jpg

Ulicandlestickduo.jpg

Ulilightanddark.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1290141766|2772545 said:
I really love the ethereal qualities and imagery of the pool of light necklaces. I scored some pictures of one with nice metalwork and another with blue glass pools

I am in LOVE with the clear necklace. I want one!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Are you guys sick of these yet?

spinelpairpeach.jpg

spinelpairpurple.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
last one. I don't know much about this stone, I think it is neat but I regret buying it. It's from the Sudan, I just wasn't thinking. I try to be slightly conscious of where my stones come from.

greenopal.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sizzle, Like I said this was the only opportunity I ever had to acquire pool of light material. I have enough material for a couple of necklaces but we all know the rules. :saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results