shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ruby Ring from Bangkok!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
I just got back from a trip from Bangkok and while I was there my dad bought me an engagement gift! It was such a shock! But it would be rude to turn down such a nice gift, right? ^_- Thanks, Dad!!

I really hope that we didn''t get ripped off. I had no idea we were going to buy anything and so didn''t do any research. But it LOOKS beautiful and I love it. The only specs I know is that it''s"

1.6 ct ruby
0.13 ct diamond sides
18k White Gold setting.
Ring size: about a 7.5 since it fit me with no resizing.

What do you guys think? Does it look ok? I personally prefer rubies with this deeeep red color, more so than lighter ones. And it sparkles pretty good. However, I was shocked when they said it was a 1.6. Because my ering is a 1.4 and it looks bigger. Although I know that the ruby is a different shape, but still. I''ll post a comparison shot as well.

1rubybkk small.JPG

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
oops, this is the one that was uppose to have to have the comment of nice and low. oh well, it''s a nice profile pic.

3rubybkk small.JPG

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
hand shot. i love the triangle diamond cluster design. the overall look is very classic without being stuffy.

4rubybkk small.JPG

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
I think I have got a logic exponation why the diamond seems larger than the ruby. And that answer is not complicated
2.gif

Ruby has got a higher density than Diamond! To be more specific, the density of diamond is 3,52 and ruby''s density is about 4,00 (can vary slightly)
Together with cut-style, (deep/shallow) I think thats the reason.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Beautiful!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ruby ring. Your dad is soooo sweet!!!

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Congratulations!

I think I might be in the market for a new dad...does yours want another daughter???
9.gif

Lucky girl, you!
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi April Diamonds, this is a gorgeous ring! I am also very into red gemstones right now!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your kind words!! I am totally in love with this ring now (although not as much as my ering, don''t worry FI!) Yeah, I was so shocked when my dad bought it for me, I almost cried. It was reaaaaaly absolutely so sweet of him.

Harleigh - haha, I can ask him but after three girls I think he''s really more in the market for a son! my dad constantly teases me that after I get married he''ll finally be "free" since I''m the last one to get married.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
SIGH! It was certainly worth a try, but I completely understand!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results