shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ruby E-Ring Follow up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yehudi

Rough_Rock

Hello all, it's much later, but I wanted to follow up with some pics of my fiancee's ruby engagement ring, which orignally had a temporary setting. I couldn't re-open the original thread, but here's a link to it:

Previous Post on Yehudi's E Ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-ruby-e-ring.59551/

We worked with Zoltan David to build the setting for the ruby (as well as the band). We think he did a great job.

The 24k inlay worked better and was warmer than the 20 and 22k, which are better suited to some skin tones.
The satin finish takes some shine off the platinum and focuses the attention on the ruby.
I particularly like the mini-me version of the E-ring in the band. She can leave the E-ring at home when she travels and still have its complement with her.

I don't recall the size of the diamonds, but Zoltan sources exceptional quality side diamonds. His reasoning is that, since they're inlaid, they need to be of the utmost clarity and luminesence to do their jobs. The difference really shows.

I have some pictures here and more at home. I'll post what I can.

Please let me know your thoughts.

P.S. - Also, there were questions about the original setting. The setting was composed of two separate elements from different makers, and isn't readilty available.

May_07_048a.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The design is so unique and drop dead gorgeous. Even the matching band is beautiful.

Do you mind sharing the link to Zoltan David''s website? We would love to see more of this designer''s work.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning knockout of a unique set! I love the attention to detail and the gorgeous color!

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Here''s a link to his studio''s website:
http://www.zoltandavid.com/

He has a studio/showroom in the Arboretum in Austin, and is (or was) a featured designer at R.W. Wise, as well.

There are some good pictures of his stuff on the site and also in the last several years'' AGTA awards.

Another shot:

May_07_026b.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Does she wear them together? Can we see? Must have more pics of this beauty!!
36.gif
36.gif

oh, and congratulations!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
30.gif

I think that''s one of my favorite rings I''ve seen on Pricescope.
Unique, but classic at the same time.

yehudi

Rough_Rock
Does she wear them together? Can we see? Must have more pics of this beauty!!
oh, and congratulations!
Thanks for the congrats. She doesn't wear them together yet. But, when I put the wedding band on her finger this winter, we do plan on keeping it on and wearing them together most of the time.

I have some more pics somewhere and will post them later. Thanks to all of y'all for your expertise, help, and inspiration.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ruby has a GORGEOUS color to it! The setting is beautiful too, very unique
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique but not a trendy setting, very attractive. I just LOVE the color of the stone you picked.

Enjoy!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!! Your ring is to die for and then some!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous, beautiful, scrumptious engagement ring and wedding band. I am totally in love with the design of it. It is absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one gorgeous Ruby, swoon!!!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I am in absolute awe over this gorgeous set. The ruby is stunning. And the setting is unique and breathtaking. A new PS favorite for me...

30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
The original and the reset are both gorgeous!!!

The reset is so unique and beautiful.... that is a great work of art!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful! Looks great on the hand.

CaityJ

Rough_Rock
The colour is just amazing! Very well done. And the settings/rings are so original.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results