shape
carat
color
clarity

New Parti-sapphire ring!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! It's finally done! :love: :love: Hope this post works cos I am postively floating with happiness and excitement (difficult when you have the flu).

My 1ct parti-sapphire which hubby bought me about 4 years ago has finally been set in a ring. Apologies for rushed iphone pics but wanted to share the joy. :naughty:

sapphirering_0.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bit blurry sorry but it's a 1ct emerald cut untreated parti-sapphire from Glen Innes, NSW Australia. The sidestones are from QLD, Australia - Coolomon Sapphires to be exact. Setting was made by Craig McKim in Brisbane - lovely bloke. Am so happy it turned out perfect...

sapphirering_2.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the stone unset.

Attachments

• parti2.bmp
    707.8 KB · Views: 1,430

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry just realised how BLURRY these pic are! :sick: Promise to get better ones when I'm not at work.

Stone looks quite dark teal in these photos but is lighter IRL - shows yellow/green in sunlight and blue/green inside. :love:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! It looks really cool in that setting, and the side stones are such a nice touch :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly less blurry photos showing the delicate milligrain. It's set in 18ct yellow gold and I'm a US size 4.

sapphirering_006.jpg

sapphirering_5.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love those multi-colored sapphires, and your new ring is gorgeous. Congratulations on your new pretty, and enjoy wearing it.

More photos, please! :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful! I love sapphires, bezels and milgrain.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely antique inspired design and it's cool that the sidestones matches the center stone. Did you source the side stones yourself or was the jeweller able to find a match?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
How unique & pretty! I love the setting -- modern & classic at once. The yg does super things to the stone color & I love the side stones too!

--- Laurie

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very unique stone! I didn't even know there were parti stones until I saw a thread a couple of days ago on here. I love the setting you chose, bezels rock, and that rich gold is yummy! :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks wonderful, Hot Pozzum! I love that emerald cut and the particoloured stone - nice find!!! And the setting is amazing - don't see a lot of bezelled coloured stones, so this is a wonderful treat!!! Fantastic design- congratulations!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - I can't stop staring at it!!! :love:

I sourced the sidestones myself from Coolomon Sapphires whilst they were at a gem show in QLD and designed the ring myself. Jeweller was great at putting into practice my ideas/scribbles. Blissfully happy...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent match on the side stones!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A newer photo showing some fun sparkley nails. Dunno why the sapphire always looks so dark in photos - IRL it varies from almost Aquamarine blue to deep Emerald green depending on the lighting. :love:

nails_0.jpg

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh, I really love this ring! The bezel setting is beautiful and I love the milgrain detailing! :love:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow I LOVE this. I love sapphires that are cool colors representative of their origin. I love bezels. I love milgrain. I love higher karat gold. I love colored sidestones. I love all of these elements together!

Can you post a side shot?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results