shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here... Opinion on Namibia Tourmaline.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
myownlife|1421185632|3815935 said:
Namibia Tourmaline is Indicolite correct? Is it also copper bearing?

No, Namibia tourmaline is not copper bearing. Those stones are typically found only in Brazil, Mozambique and Nigeria.

Blue tourmaline is also called indicolite, so yours would qualify under that gem classification.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the color. Did you decide against the halo? Will she wear it daily? I've never owned a tourmaline and would love it you updated us on the stone after she had worn it a while. Thanks for the pics!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
myownlife|1421185632|3815935 said:
Namibia Tourmaline is Indicolite correct? Is it also copper bearing?

No, it is not

ETA: oops, didn't see the prior response!

myownlife

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1421200323|3816048 said:
I like the color. Did you decide against the halo? Will she wear it daily? I've never owned a tourmaline and would love it you updated us on the stone after she had worn it a while. Thanks for the pics!

We are most definitely going with the halo in the photo posted. The second photo on the hand was just a setting the cutter put the stone on so that we could see it on the hand.

She will wear it whenever she wants, it's her ring to enjoy how she pleases. I am sure she will be super careful with it and take it off at home, she is just that kind of person.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MOL : I think PS'ers are not being critical of your choice or your fiance's right to wear it whenever. They are just trying to give you their thoughts and guide you as you requested.

Beautiful stone.

Congrats on engagement.

myownlife

Rough_Rock
Oh trust me I am not taking any offense at all. I am actually happy to hear this because it will help us take care of the ring in the future. But in the end it is her ring and she can wear it whenever she wants.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a beautiful stone and wonderful setting! :love: Congratulations on your engagement and choice of ring. :appl:

I agree durability is er.. VERY emphasised on this forum :lol: but I wear natural zircon and topaz rings daily and have never chipped or scratched them. I just use common sense about which activities to take them off...

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Coralfish|1421183332|3815921 said:
myownlife|1421180868|3815886 said:
2 more pictures of the stone sent by the cutter. I do not as of yet have the stone in person

This stone is magical. Really something special.

I agree. Lovely colour and cut combination. I hope it is just as nice when you get it in hand. Please do post loads and loads of pictures!

myownlife

Rough_Rock
We really love the unique cut of this stone. I think all the checkered faces will really make it pop.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful tourmaline, the color seems to be very nice :) Also, congratulations on your engagement!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous (and my favorite colored stones are the blue-green and green- blue ones).

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, your tourm is beautiful!

myownlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous bluish green. You have found an amazing stone. Congrats!!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
MYOWNLIFE, congrats on your engagement! That ring will be such an eye catcher. I think people are enjoying colored stones much more for e rings these days.
As for dings I can only say my spinels, tourmaline, ruby and chrysos are perfect :naughty: ..in their little boxes. Eventually I will set them with inspiration from fellow apasionatos in CS forum. ( hey all, learning Italian so I can travel there in spring...hence slow to set stones)

myownlife

Rough_Rock
So its been awhile but we have been dealing with several family issues. Finally got around to taking a couple pics of it in person

20150424_191437_2.jpg

20150424_191529_2.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! When will it be set?

Wishing you all the best with your family troubles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results