shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here, did I get a good deal?

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,
I have been lurking here because my husband and I have been talking about upgrading my engagement ring, and I fell in love with a sapphire emerald cut with trillion diamond side stones. I have been looking at sapphires for a while and recently stumbled across montana sapphires (thanks to your site, and the recommended sellers). I Found this stone and thought it was gorgeous, and the price couldn't be beat compared to all the other stones that I have seen. I would like to get your expert opinions as well, do you think I got a good deal on this stone? Thanks! (P.S. I realize this isn't an emerald cut, but it didn't matter to me when I saw it!) Also, here is a link to the original seller page.

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=10193

screen_shot_2014-07-17_at_10.png

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
I think you stole it :shock: I'm seriously jealous, I've been looking for an almost identical Montana and would have loved to buy that for that price. I still will, if you change your mind :mrgreen:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was so jealous of whoever got that! It's amazing cutting. I think it's going to be just great.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very nice! Plus it's hard to find Montana sapphires that are eye clean and that large, too. I'd love to see some photos after you receive it if you are willing to post them. :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I hope it was you who bought it! Very nice. I love Montana sapphires & that one is super.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good buy; well cut, good colour and well priced. I think anyone who owns this sapphire will be pleased.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I fell in love with it immediately but I still don't usually make the decision to spend so much money in such a short amount of time... (30 minutes?) I knew I would be so sad if I lost it and my husband was very understanding :). It makes me even more happy that I made a good decision and I was right about what a special stone it is, for a great deal! They have already shipped it and I will certainly post photos when I get it. The hard thing will be trying to be patient for my ring to be made!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an Absolute Beauty!!!! I love the cut! Congrats on a great find!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
original price was good....but you the discounted price was a real steal.
congrats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great deal for sure. Please post pictures when you get it.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I wondered when this would pop up here! Michael emailed me this and because my phone locked my emails out I recieved it two days late and missed out!

Congratulations, it's a beaut!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous! I think you got a great deal :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a great color, looks like a beautiful stone and you certainly got a great deal on it.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Didn't have a lot of time and the light outside is horrible now but here's a preliminary pic!

2014-07-19_19.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, what do you think?

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
I think it's very pretty! I think the stock photo is a pretty good representation of the stone in outdoor light. It does look darker inside, sometimes a grey blue, but pretty none the less. I wonder however, how it will look in a setting and if the setting will make it look more dull or dark.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on how enclosed or open the setting is. You can bring it with you to a jewellery store that has stock settings to see if you like how it looks (not set, but placed very carefully into the basket).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. Good Montana color -- the gray blue is typical -- this has some nice greenish stuff going on too, which gives it personality. Chrono's idea is great -- try just sitting it in a few mountings to see what it looks like. I'd go for yellow or rose gold to bring out the blue, but it depends on what you like. Good find!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1405969662|3717740 said:
I really like it. Good Montana color -- the gray blue is typical -- this has some nice greenish stuff going on too, which gives it personality. Chrono's idea is great -- try just sitting it in a few mountings to see what it looks like. I'd go for yellow or rose gold to bring out the blue, but it depends on what you like. Good find!

Hmm, great idea! I think it would look beautiful with rose gold. My only problem is that I was intending to keep my original wedding band which is white gold. I'm not a fan of mixing metal colors so I would have to get a new wedding band. Still worth considering!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
But now that you mention rose gold, I think it would look amazing in a set like this (Blake lively). Does anyone have any opinion about which would be better?

af5516b2e014790a5ea7872c11cca510.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 stone is more traditional, the solitaire is more delicate. If you decide to go with rose gold, I would pick the solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results