shape
carat
color
clarity

New gemfix sapphire here!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is sapphire 1139, 0.91ct, 6.2mm, depth 3.3mm, vvs-vs, Sri Lanka, heated.

I love it! There is a lighter blue section across the middle sometimes. I don't mind this zoning. It really shows up in one of the pics but is not usually so apparent. I had to pay $135 in taxes from the border people to let it into Ontario. I think it is a keeper and would love your thoughts! More pics coming!
It is going in a bezel - here is the original thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/replacing-umbalite-garnet-in-halo-ring-with-this-sapphire.196922/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/replacing-umbalite-garnet-in-halo-ring-with-this-sapphire.196922/[/URL]

20140115_091336.jpg

20140115_091446.jpg

20140115_091617.jpg

20140115_091625.jpg

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love the color, it's like the perfect shade of blue. It will be a very pretty ring!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are some more pics of it beside my two unheated sapphires. Big one from Tan, cushion from SimplySapphires and I have no idea how to set thus cushion in a ring - ideas? East west with triangular tsavorites or amethysts on either side in YG? (My idea!) Diamond halo?

20140115_091926.jpg

20140115_092232.jpg

20140115_092311.jpg

20140115_092554.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's better than the original one you were looking at. The pendant and Simply Sapphires cushion are also really nice and they make a great trio. I would set it East West in yg.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Love your pendant too. YG would be super, whatever direction the stone goes. Aren't Customs piggy?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be a lovely hue. I love buttery yellow gold with that blue; it seems so regal to me.

sapphiresal

Rough_Rock
Beautiful, so glad you found it :appl: Seeing it with your pendant and the cushion, I think there is definitely a theme going on and you have chosen the right colour!

I really love the pendant setting too. I second the E-W setting for the cushion and, subject to any customs/shipping issues (a bugbear of mine in Australia, too), maybe you should check out the Daniel M thread? I just spent 20 minutes looking through all the beautiful things there, and I think it might help you keep the theme going without being too same-y. The designs in that thread, to me, are all beautifully simple, but with touches of vintage elegance (milgrain, trellis, a pear halo :love: ).

Worth it for the eye candy, even if you are not yet ready to set! ;-)

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks gals! I think it is the one.
Innerkitten, Minous, and Jewelfreak, I definitely will go E/W and YG for the cushion with or without sidestones, yay!
Sapphiresal, I will have a cup of tea and read through that thread. I have some DanielM pieces but nothing in gold. I love variety so that sounds good! Thanks!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about with two demantoid garnets on either side in YG? I do like those Daniel trellis rings a lot!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do like this diamond halo a lot too. I found it googling "cushion sapphire."

monroe_14kt_white_gold_black_rhodium_cushion_halo_pink_sapphire_ring_a66fd2e1.jpg

monroe_14kt_white_gold_black_rhodium_cushion_halo_pink_sapphire_ring_68ebc74e.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Good choice! This stone should be far more attractive in the setting than the first blue suggestion.

For the cushion - the oxidized ring is something different. You could also echo what looks to be granulation on your pendant - tiny little balls of gold halo then three larger ones each side.

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a much better choice isn't it? That was a close call and I only switched thanks to you all.

I might go with a white gold/platinum diamond halo so I have a ring to wear on the same hand as my white gold e ring. I should have written that I like the ring above but non-oxidized. I am thinking DanielM or Sally but if anyone knows of other options that are less expensive but still nice let me know. It does not have to be handmade.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1389875930|3593949 said:
It is a much better choice isn't it? That was a close call and I only switched thanks to you all.

I might go with a white gold/platinum diamond halo so I have a ring to wear on the same hand as my white gold e ring. I should have written that I like the ring above but non-oxidized. I am thinking DanielM or Sally but if anyone knows of other options that are less expensive but still nice let me know. It does not have to be handmade.

If you go with a stock halo setting through a local jeweler it will be less expensive than a custom setting by Sally or Daniel M. My last three projects have been done that way and I was shocked at the price difference.

I had small stones set into 14k earring mounts. The mountings were like $39.00 from Rio Grande and he set them for $40.00. Same guy set two different three stone rings for me in 14k and the most expensive one was $465. Would go up for a more complicated setting with little stones I'm sure.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1389875930|3593949 said:

Much better :appl:

Sounds like a plan ;-) So the umbalite lives another day?

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am going to my local jeweller to see. I know they have Stuller settings. It is a 6 x 4 x 3 mm cushion - I did not know it was a stock size! I think I am going to get my 5.5. mm pink mahenge haloed at the same time! I look after a few children afterschool and just got a few more coming for a total of six plus my own three which is making all of this possible. I never imagined I could even consider diamond halos till now! :)

Starzin, I am sorry to tell you that the umbalite has to be destroyed to get that round gemfix sapphire in. The haloing business is about the cushion sapphire. If you saw the umbalite in person in poor lighting and the scratch on it I think you would agree! I am always going to ask for gemstone pics in natural, mixed and incandescent lighting from now onn before purchasing a stone.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1389888715|3594032 said:
I am going to my local jeweller to see. I know they have Stuller settings. It is a 6 x 4 x 3 mm cushion - I did not know it was a stock size! I think I am going to get my 5.5. mm pink mahenge haloed at the same time! I look after a few children afterschool and just got a few more coming for a total of six plus my own three which is making all of this possible. I never imagined I could even consider diamond halos till now! :)

Starzin, I am sorry to tell you that the umbalite has to be destroyed to get that round gemfix sapphire in. The haloing business is about the cushion sapphire. If you saw the umbalite in person in poor lighting and the scratch on it I think you would agree! I am always going to ask for gemstone pics in natural, mixed and incandescent lighting from now onn before purchasing a stone.

Keep us posted!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! You'd think I could keep up with the plot but I plead tiredness :bigsmile:

I know both will turn out superbly and E-W sounds great for the cushion ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results