shape
carat
color
clarity

New E-ring CAD's - what do you think?

T

talamasca

Starzin|1334754366|3174098 said:
I didn't mean to desert you (I've had an interstate visitor all day/evening) but I see you're in good hands. I would second Chrono's comment about the curvy-ness of the prongs and also the height - particularly if, in making the "hole" round, more metal is added to smooth out the egg shape at the top under the basket. However let's wait for the new cads to arrive.

:D aww thanks. With regard to the height, I'm not sure I know what you and Chrono mean (
Chrono|1334724176|3173966 said:
If you are adding height to the top, can it be narrowed down a little more where it meets the head? Not a lot, just a smidge. quote])

I definitely want curvy prongs as I love the original setting, but when it comes to the height of the shoulder, the higher the better for me :D

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talamasca - just building on Chrono's suggestions, here are a couple of other suggestions that may help to get you the delicate curved swoopy prongs you want. Start with the comment on the right and then move to the one on the left (sorry after I'd done it, it was too difficult to swap over)!!!

Ring for Talamasca 2.jpg

T

talamasca

I fell in love with high shoulders right from the beginning and they were the main thing that I wanted so if, from a design point of view, it means that the prongs can't be as curvy as my orginal e-ring then they will just have to be straighter, though hopefully not in a harsh V.

If Dan is able to tweak the prongs so that they aren't a rigid V shape and make them a little more delicate I think then it will be perfect for me.

BTW: These are my inspiration pics for the high shoulders. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of the ring I tried on, but it had very high full metal shoulders, similar-ish to the top left pic below:

High Shoulders Examples.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The curvature of the prongs in the top left picture, while lovely might be a bit too open. The prong work in the top right picture is very straight, while the prong work in the lower left picture has a more delicate curvature. I like the last as it is sort of inbetween the other two. If you can get your CAD tweaked to look like that, the ring will look less chunky, I think.

T

talamasca

Chrono|1334833226|3174907 said:
The curvature of the prongs in the top left picture, while lovely might be a bit too open. The prong work in the top right picture is very straight, while the prong work in the lower left picture has a more delicate curvature. I like the last as it is sort of inbetween the other two. If you can get your CAD tweaked to look like that, the ring will look less chunky, I think.

Yes, I agree. At the time I was concentrating on the high shoulders and didn't realise how they may affect the prongs. I'm sure Dan and Caren will be able to tweak it.

I'm so excited to be on the way to owning a ring I love, I'm beside myself :D

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
My feeling is that the cads you showed us would look very much like the top right (with the shoulder spaces solid gold). We'll wait to see what the changes show.

I'm so excited to be on the way to owning a ring I love, I'm beside myself :D
:appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

T

talamasca

Here are the up-dated CAD's. I really like the slight change to the setting and it definitely hugs and follows the line of the stone better.

I'm about to say yes but, and I'm sure it's just me, the more I look the less dramatic the shoulders look. I really struggle to imagine how high they will be once I'm wearing it - do they look high to you?

E-ring 2 Front.jpg

E-ring 2 Side.jpg

E-ring 2 Upside Down.jpg

T

talamasca

I think I might be obsessing a bit too much :roll: and I can't afford to wait too long to give the go ahead since the wedding's less than 5 weeks away! Oh, and here's one with my wedding band :D

Both 2.jpg

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Much better in proportion to the stone, I don't think that the shoulders are too higher either!

And I LOVE the rose gold band!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
To me it now looks more like the top right photo of your composite. While it still looks a little oval inside to me, I think that may be the cad. The gold WB was a surprise but what a lovely way to mix the golds and ensure you can wear either in RHRs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks much better; remember that if it is too high, other issues now crop up such as spinning because the ring is top heavy, lots of things will get snagged by the head (hands reaching into pockets or bags), the stone will get knocked about more frequently and easily, and etc. It is better to give in a tad on the extreme height for a tiny bit of practicality. :cheeky:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Now hurry up and finish it, hehe! Can't wait for hand shots :appl:

T

talamasca

:lol: sorry minousbijoux, but something still wasn’t quite right and I didn’t go wow when I opened the pics, but Dan’s been ever so patient with me and he’s doing one more change and then I’m sure I will be wowed!

I’ve decided to have the wedding band straight, not curved like shown above, and then the e-ring setting will sit just above my wedding band. That way, not only will the shoulders be higher but also the prongs won’t get damaged from rubbing against the band. I think when this change has been made the overall height will be about 9mm, which I don’t think is too high.

Chrono, ever since I caught my first e-ring on the fridge shelf I’ve been super careful and now I take it off and pop it in a beautiful ring box where it sits until I go out again. I even bought new filing trays for work so I wouldn’t catch it on them! So hopefully, I learnt my lesson and it won’t happen again, fingers crossed.

Starzin and maebelle I’m not usually one for mixing colours, in fact I usually like everything to match, but when I was trying on wedding bands I fell in love with the rose gold and at some point in the future I’m hoping my hubby will want to buy me an eternity ring and I’d like to have another rose gold band, but this time with either scattered or channel set diamonds ;-) here’s a couple of pics of the rose gold band I tried on with my old e-ring:

Old E-ring + Practice Wedding Band 1.JPG

Old E-ring + Practice Wedding Band 2.JPG

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I already bought a rose gold spacer even though my engagement ring isn't done, and I won't be wearing it with a band(in white gold) til the fall. :) (not to mention that the rose gold makes much more sense for your pink stone than my blue one!)

Though, doesn't the curved band protect prongs more so that there isn't pressure only on the two spots the rings tough, but along the whole ring? Is you don't like the look, I'd say go straight, but if you are changing it to protect the prongs I don't know if straight is the way to go.

I'll be waiting for the next set of CADs.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds as though you've got everything under control then. I've always liked yellow and rose gold so I'm sure it will look lovely - particularly when you get that eternity ring ;))

T

talamasca

I've just given the OK to the revised CAD's and I'm so happy I can barely keep still :lol:

I was wowed as soon as I saw the first CAD of both e-ring and wedding band. I'd estimated 7-9mm high for the shoulders, but Dan thought that was too high so the shoulders are 6.2mm with the stone sitting at 8mm and seeing the images I agree completely.

It's just perfect and I can't wait to see them both when they're finished and more importantly to wear a ring I LOVE :love: :love: :love: :D

Both.jpg

Front & Side.jpg

Side at Angle.jpg

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
it looks very pretty. looking forward to seeing the finished ring

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got what you wanted this time. This is what CADs are for; to make changes before production because it is easier and less expensive to do so now rather than later.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I now see what you meant about raising the whole head up, which got the shoulders higher, kept the head curvy and fluid, and allowed your band to be straight and flush without rubbing against the prongs. Good job! I'm excited to see the final product. :appl:

T

talamasca

Wooooohooooooo they're on their way :appl: :D :appl: :D

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
mail dust that it gets to you quickly! I'm so glad you finally got exactly what you wanted!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to be a well made ring. Hope it arrives quickly and safely.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beeeoootiful! :appl: I'm sure you'll be happy with the height - it looks very elegant :))

Looking forward to seeing your pics soon.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the fact that the ring, top down, still looks so delicate and yet you can see how stable and well-made it is from the profile view - without detracting from its overall beauty. Congrats - when will you receive it?

T

talamasca

:D thank you, I hope they arrive as quick as Paul's did and if they do then I should get them early next week :D

Thank you minousbijoux - that's exactly what I wanted to achieve :D

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty can't wait to see more pics

T

talamasca

:errrr: I was really hoping that my rings would be like Paul's and only take 8 days to arrive, but today's date 8 and no sign yet. Plus online tracking hasn't been up-dated since it was processed in New York on 10th!!!

Paul's must've been on a Wed or Thurs flight as it was processed through UK customs on a Friday, just 2 days after being processed in New York....... I can't believe they only have 1 cargo flight per week...... can they????

I do hope it will arrive this week/early next otherwise I could be getting married without a ring and I'm freaking out slightly now :(sad :errrr:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that your ring might have missed its flight. I hope it'll arrive in time for the wedding.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hoping everything is going well and your rings have gotten to you!

T

talamasca

WOOOOHOOOOO my rings made it :D They arrived yesterday, but I was too busy at work to post a message!

Anyway, I LOVE both, but my engagement ring is absolutely perfect and is everything I wanted and more, I couldn't be happier :D :love:

Now, I tried to take some pics late yesterday afternoon, but none are as good as Dan and Caren's so I'm going to have a go at some 'glamour' shots when we're away on honeymoon and I'll hopefully have some good ones to post when I come back, but for now here are a few comparison pics with my old e-ring......

Both Half Sides 1.JPG

Both Profile (close).JPG

Both Sides 1.JPG

Both Top 2.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results